OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Part VI (NO RIOT/PROTEST DISCUSSION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Dude, how DARE you link to a media organization covering the warning, rather than the warning itself! Don't you know the media sensationalizes everything! :sarcasm:

FDA - Oh look, it's the same f***ing information.

and this is the typical take for your type. Always go down the same road. Can’t help yourselves. lol

good news, they predicted the temp correct in one of a dozen cities today so they’re legit

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Oh. You get to use your anecdotal evidence of your family/friends in the medical field saying it's all overblown?

Cool. I get to use mine that say it isn't and that things are real and aren't great.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
82409960-D794-475E-9052-D15EE3C3F0F1.jpeg

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Oh. You get to use your anecdotal evidence of your family/friends in the medical field saying it's all overblown?

Cool. I get to use mine that say it isn't and that things are real and aren't great.

apparently your stopped reading at line one. Fantastic!!!!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
and this is the typical take for your type. Always go down the same road. Can’t help yourselves. lol

good news, they predicted the temp correct in one of a dozen cities today so they’re legit

I see you didn't enjoy being mocked. Meanwhile, you can barely make a single post without being condescending and acting like everyone you're talking to is naive except you.

oh please
lol, yeah ok.
And what’s printed lol
lol, stop already.

Your response here makes this

it’s been demonstrated they can dish it out but can’t take it.

most ironic.

Reactions: and 99 others

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I see you didn't enjoy being mocked. Meanwhile, you can barely make a single post without being condescending and acting like everyone you're talking to is naive except you.

Your response here makes this

most ironic.

Do you work for the media? Tiny bits from whole messages to create your own message and conclusion. That’s objective journalism. Fantastic work lol

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So my barber isn't wearing a mask. I guess I'll take my business elsewhere. This is why we can't have nice things.

Meant to respond to this earlier. Could you ask him to at least while cutting your hair? If not, good for you. I'm not sure how long you've been going to that barber, but he doesn't deserve your business if you require that of him, and he won't do it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Do you work for the media? Tiny bits from whole messages to create your own message and conclusion. That’s objective journalism. Fantastic work lol

Objective journalism? During an interaction on a message board? Not sure what you're on about there.

Alright, I'm done baiting the hook tonight... for everyone else who reads this thread... I sincerely apologize. I'm was in a mood tonight. Let's get back to our normally scheduled programming.

Reactions: and 99 others

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meant to respond to this earlier. Could you ask him to at least while cutting your hair? If not, good for you. I'm not sure how long you've been going to that barber, but he doesn't deserve your business if you require that of him, and he won't do it.

I might come back when things are back to normal if and when that happens but I find it pretty shitty on his part. He's putting people at risk.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
lol, stop already. Have fam members who are Docs who both work and speak with Doctors much higher up on the food chain. I read studies, posted links, discussed and try to discover and share as much objective evidence as possible.

The media is reporting garbage and these media frauds are not docs asking questions to doctors. You asked and i gave you the answer. It’s you who don’t like the answer. Good lord lol, as far as gaslighting lol, please, look at your history since April. Be honest, all along the history of discovery you always post as if you have the answer and keep pointing at the man running the country for blame which is no different than many in the media.
I never claimed to have the answer. I go with what I read and because of my job, I have access to journals that most people don't. Based on what I've read, yes, there are ways to manage this virus and the media love selling panic. That being said, based on everything I've read, I don't know of any doctors that would say we've done any effective management on a national scale.

Meanwhile, you always go off on the "people just point fingers at Trump!" trope but how is that any different from you pointing fingers at the media? You can not like what they say all you want, but in what possible scenario would fewer people be dead if we just canceled the media? I'd love to hear that explanation.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
So my barber isn't wearing a mask. I guess I'll take my business elsewhere. This is why we can't have nice things.
Did you ask him to? If he refused, yeah, how poor. I mean, if he feels it's important to make a point and refuse, well... Finding a new barber is a wise choice. Not even because he doesn't wear a mask. Just because he or she is not nice and dumb at business.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It’s so imperfect we can start anywhere. Reality TV, fake news, bogus experts, fraudulent and misleading data, etc, , etc, etc. No repercussions, no accountability and literally no clue. The cherry pick words and sentences like online trolls.

Thankfully, i believe we have enough level headed and educated Americans who can see through this.

Hoping for a vaccine rather than breaking news about a dozen contradictory topics like two groups of 1,000 people gathering with one being reported as Covid risk and the other not.
Covid is one of the best weapons we've ever seen. Very powerful and precise.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Did you ask him to? If he refused, yeah, how poor. I mean, if he feels it's important to make a point and refuse, well... Finding a new barber is a wise choice. Not even because he doesn't wear a mask. Just because he or she is not nice and dumb at business.

I think it'll be easier to find another barber than getting involved with trying to get him to wear a mask. Maybe I'm too non-confrontational, but also in theory he has a higher chance of getting the virus this way and that's scarier than him not wearing a mask.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I think it'll be easier to find another barber than getting involved with trying to get him to wear a mask. Maybe I'm too non-confrontational, but also in theory he has a higher chance of getting the virus this way and that's scarier than him not wearing a mask.
I agree. Everyone is sensitive. You asking your barber is probably fine because you know him and he won't want to fight you, but the yutz walking by the store in the street might overhear and feel the need to inject his unwanted thoughts and proselytize and preach his religion of 'don't infringe on my right to infect others' and make a scene while he infringes on your right to make a basic request.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

My sister owns a salon it’s been Hell for her to get back. Everyone wears masks and face shields, yes both! Have to separate each station by 6 feet and only certain amount of people can work at a time. She has 14 hairdressers and 4 washers. Have to sanitize sink and station after every customer and has to have waiting area outside, With only a couple of people allowed in inside waiting area. they put some chairs outside thank goodness there is an overhang in case it rains. If your barber is not taking precautions you need to find another barber. Sorry, kinda testy with this seeing my sis stressed the past several weeks but she is following the guidelines and keeping her clients as safe as she can.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My sister owns a salon it’s been Hell for her to get back. Everyone wears masks and face shields, yes both! Have to separate each station by 6 feet and only certain amount of people can work at a time. She has 14 hairdressers and 4 washers. Have to sanitize sink and station after every customer and has to have waiting area outside, With only a couple of people allowed in inside waiting area. they put some chairs outside thank goodness there is an overhang in case it rains. If your barber is not taking precautions you need to find another barber. Sorry, kinda testy with this seeing my sis stressed the past several weeks but she is following the guidelines and keeping her clients as safe as she can.

I booked an appointment with another barber and asked them if they wear masks and she said "yes". I don't know if she's telling the truth. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Reactions: Leonardo87

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Meanwhile. I haven’t had a haircut since February. Gonna keep it going as long as I can.

I remember in grad school a couple of guys just didn't get a haircut or shave for months looked like Joe Thornton and Brent Burns. They already had job offers and didn't have to interview. I just don't know why someone would want to look like that, I'm suffering here with my 3 months worth of hair.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree. Everyone is sensitive. You asking your barber is probably fine because you know him and he won't want to fight you, but the yutz walking by the store in the street might overhear and feel the need to inject his unwanted thoughts and proselytize and preach his religion of 'don't infringe on my right to infect others' and make a scene while he infringes on your right to make a basic request.
Are people really that bent? In real life I mean. I know there are a few outliers that of course get recorded and plastered on social media. And I know people talk big on Twitter and whatever. But I think (thought) people are generally reasonable in public. But I don't know. Been a while since I've been in NY for more than a few days. Maybe I'm projecting.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In the everyday of life the credo of 'do no harm' is always something to strive for. I don't want to get the virus and I don't want to pass it along to someone else if I do. So distance and a mask in public at least is an attempt not to cause harm.

NYC and state and the region around us is no longer really the epicenter of the virus and hopefully it stays that way. It's unfortunate that other states seemed to want to learn the hard way. There were lessons to be taken from what happened to us and for those who don't even try to learn that is their error. I'm cautiously optimistic that not only distancing and the masks but the tracking and tracing and keeping on the good side of hospital capacity numbers--working the data will allow us to at least contain this until a vaccine comes along or it dies out. Some strategy to fight the virus is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad