Player Discussion: Corey Perry

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Hey, Ducks fan here curious about our former franchise winger.

I see Perry is still somewhat productive compared to his icetime, but I also notice he's a -24 this season, which truly stands out as awful in relation to his teammates.

What's the reason for this? Is he that bad? I mean he's still a regular in the lineup, but maybe he shouldn't be? Is it safe to say Perry's career is done after this season?
As the other poster said, it really comes down to his skating as far as the -24 is concerned. He just can't get back to defend and even if he does, he just can't move fast enough to cover. As far as him being done, I think so as far as the Lightning are concerned when you consider that our overall defensive structure has been our weakest point this season. He is just too much of a liability. Even at league minimum, which he close to already at $1M, I doubt seriously that he will be back.

But perhaps a younger, faster team that could cover up his deficiencies a little better might want his veteran presence and, as the other poster also said, he's still got pretty good hands in front.

Reactions: Elvs

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He’s the one guy that hasn’t taken a turn sitting on the 4th line. I think it might be time to try that

Reactions: Elvs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
giphy.gif

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Really enjoyed him while he was here, played the gritty power forward role better than just about anyone has for us.

Reactions: Zwui21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad