Player Discussion: Corey Perry

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
When he was with the Ducks I was indifferent. Respected him as a player but well, he was far away doing his thing with Getzlaf and Ryan. When he came to teams that we faced (and eventually destroyed) in the playoffs, and that more than once, I couldn’t stand his face. And now, after several pre-season games, I love the idea of having him on this team. He’s big and strong, will get under the opponents skin even more so than guys we lost like Gourde and Coleman, and he still has his hands and net front presence.

At the time of the signing I thought that’s gonna be a very one dimensional 4th line with him, Maroon and Bellemare. Now, he might be more than that/another gritty but slow 4th liner and give us more options up the lineup. Coop experimented with him and Stamkos on a line for example.

Could he turn some heads in a bigger role?

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
Most encouraging are reports that he worked with a skating coach this offseason. With some time on the 2nd PP, I think he could have a big year and help mitigate the loss of the 3rd line. His hands looked damn good on Thursday night.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This could be a steal for the season if he stays healthy.

Maroon 2.0 with a tad more speed and shooting ability.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So jealous you guys were able to get him. I've wanted him for the last three seasons. He's still got lots of game and will pay dividends in the playoffs.

With that said, you guys have seen him in the last two finals so you know better than anyone.

Cheers!

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
So jealous you guys were able to get him. I've wanted him for the last three seasons. He's still got lots of game and will pay dividends in the playoffs.

With that said, you guys have seen him in the last two finals so you know better than anyone.

Cheers!

Oh, and thanks for letting Bogo gogo. We needed him.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Oh, and thanks for letting Bogo gogo. We needed him.
I think the Leafs would have preferred to re-sign him but at the time of free agency, Ontario was still under some pretty strict COVID protocols and it was reported that Bogosian didn't want to deal with them anymore.

They've been lifted for the most part now but I can't hold it against him. He has to do what's right for his family. I also imagine it's much nicer living in Tampa than it is in Toronto during the winter months :laugh:.

He was a pleasant surprise last year. Rough few games to start and then really steadied his play.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
B2FDCE20-3EF2-45C3-B873-E2892612D315.png

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Monkey off the back! He finally scored!

And he looked a lot more confident as the game went on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's on pace for over 20 goals nearly halfway through the season, and that's even after a slow start. I don't know if he hits it but his scoring has been huge to replace the loss from Gourde/Coleman/Goodrow. We got 37 goals in 56 games from the 3rd line last year and 20 through 35 games so far this season. At this pace they'll be around 32 goals at the 56 game mark, damn close to the production we got last year.

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
17 points in his last 19 games never though I would see him producing at a rate like that again. Happy to see Perry doing so well for you guys.
Perry's scoring has been mildly surprising to say the least. He was very unlucky the first 15 games but has generally played the same and goals that were not in the back of the net are ending up there now. No reason to think that his overall level of play will decrease in next 40 games but I also dont expect 10 goals in the next 19 games either.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm pretty excited to see what he can do in the playoffs for us since he was one of the more effective players against us the last couple years.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I'm pretty excited to see what he can do in the playoffs for us since he was one of the more effective players against us the last couple years.

If he only scores 14 points in all of the playoffs, it's a win-win. I'd love to see Perry as a Bolt skating with the you know what.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad