The Star: Corey perry available?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I can't stand the guy, but I guess if it makes them better.... as long as it's not selling the farm to get a guy like that.

I'd rather have Carter or Getzlaf, or even Bergeron (talk of Boston potentially cutting him loose in the Tor Star last week, same as Carter in LA).

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I can't stand the guy, but I guess if it makes them better.... as long as it's not selling the farm to get a guy like that.

I'd rather have Carter or Getzlaf, or even Bergeron (talk of Boston potentially cutting him loose in the Tor Star last week, same as Carter in LA).

You'd rather have Carter than Perry??

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
please do not trade anything for Perry, only teams in a position to win the cup this year should give up assets to acquire him for 4 months of service..this is a no brainer for leaf land

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Let's trade for Perry and then trade him back for Getzlaf

Anyone know their overalls?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wonder why/how The Star came to the conclusion/speculation that it might be Bergeron on the way out in Beantown?

Perry is pretty special, but I'd still prefer to fill 1C and G first.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I'd think the Ducks would resign Perry. The Kings on the other hand.... if they cut Carter loose, how do you not jump on that!? Plus, he's a southern Ontario guy too, not that that matters a lot. Resign Lupul, add Carter...imagine a top line of Lupul-Carter-Kessel. Talking close to 100 goals possibly!

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
we don't need wingers at this point. unless the idea is to build from the wings in which hasn't really worked in the past and makes zero sense. the only reason we would go after Perry is to move Kessel. think about it, Perry will command 8 mill, Kessel will be close to that and then re-signing Phaneuf at 7 where are we gonna get the 5-6 mill for a starting goalie and another 7-8 mill for a true number one center? you don't have that type of room.

Nonis said in his press conference yesrerday that wingers are the easiest pieces to acquire and that his focus is more on center's Dmen and Goalies so I don't see Perry being a target unless he's coming cheap which I doubt.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think Leafs Nation has to quickly realize that we, as an organization, just don't have all that many assets that other teams would want outside of a handful of obvious names. You aren't going to land some of the league's biggest studs in a trade here, simply because you can't afford to offer a reasonable package in a trade.

Wait until the off-season, and put in a competitive offer in free agency. No marquee free agent will sign in Toronto (something else Leafs Nation needs to understand), but at least you kicked tires and tried to make something happen.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
If we could turn Phil Kessel into a signed Perry, that's intriguing. Otherwise, what's a guy like Perry going to do to help this team be competitive? Great player, but nothing will change on the ice.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
JVR and Kessel for Perry and Ryan? What's the point?

That wouldn't do it, and they would still have Boazak as #1 center. Perry might be a bit better than Getz right now but he doesn't solve any of their problems. Just another big salary against a shrinking cap with a goalie and a #1 center to find.

I would deal Kessel for him even up because he has more physical game and the money would be a wash. I don't dislike PK at all but they need more size in their top six. He is younger than Perry and outperformed him last season, plus is signed for another year so you have to think the value is pretty close.

RogerRoeper*

Why give up futures when he's a UFA July 1st? If he's still UFA then, offer him a huge contract. No sense in trading for him before that, unless it's for his rights a few days before July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: