The Star: Corey perry available?

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
Well, anyone can be had for the "right" package. I don't see this as much in the way of news.

But sure, who wouldn't love a player like Perry on their team.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
During the live leafs camp article in the star,
It was stated that apparently perry is available for the right package.

Thoughts??

It would take a boatload to get him I'd take my chances on him reaching free agency and offering him huge money

TheDoubleDion87

Jan 14, 2013
Truculence Nation
It makes sense from the Ducks perspective. I could see it happening. But he's not gonna be a Leaf, if we make a big move for anyone it'll be Luongo and even that seems unlikely given the assets we have available.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Perry is a great player that we don't really need. Not as bad as we need a goalie and a center, that is.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Well if this is true, I hope Perry is a mama's boy, and really wants to come back home. Don't see any other reason why he would sign with us (unless we can get Luongo).

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
t'would make us much, much harder to play against. Size, and skill. We'd obv be better. Hopefully Perry would sing with us.

If perry signs with us without losing Kessel it would be a dream come true lol.

Perry is a beast and add lots of physicallity and toughness to play against, as you said.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
During the live leafs camp article in the star,
It was stated that apparently perry is available for the right package.

Thoughts??

If we could sign Perry as a UFA, Id look at flipping Kessel for a #1 center.

I'd have no problem keeping both though.

JVR Grabs Perry
Lupul Bozak Kessel
Kulemin Kadri Frattin

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
Leafs should focus on their defense and goaltending. They didn't have problems scoring goals last year. They had trouble with goals against.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I'd wait for free agency. It seems fairly wide known and even admitted by Ducks fans that is is highly unlikely that he will sign in Anaheim again. Roll the dice in FA with a 7 year deal and go from there.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Perry would be a huge fan favourite. This guy is a true franchise player. If we could acquire him, we could easily trade Kessel to try to address goaltending/centre positions.

Remove Kessel from our top 6, add Perry, don't even add anything else, and it's already greatly upgraded. Then add what you could get in return for Kessel in a trade, and it's just that much better.

Granted, what I said above is completely unrealistic and won't happen haha.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Toronto simply cannot afford to gut their team for a rental. If Perry wants to play in Toronto we'll offer him a contract in the off-season (would be stupid not to)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Agreed, again this is brought but it has to be said. The Leafs are not in the position of gutting their farm system for one player. Whether it's Luongo, Perry, Getzlaf, we just cannot do it at this time. We have to be patient and build this team up. I just do not get the panic and rush that a lot of us have on here. Perry would be nice but why not wait until he reaches free agency rather then give up assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00