Confirmed with Link: Copp + 6th to NYR for 1st + 2nd + barron +5th

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
you don't even know if barron was offered, copp is a ufa lehkonen is an rfa..

Sure, that gives Lehkonen 1 more year of team control. No way to know how significant that was or wasn't. Will Col have room to re-sign him for next year? Also unknown. But they might flip him to recover some of the cost.

I know Barron was available, because he was dealt.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Sure, that gives Lehkonen 1 more year of team control. No way to know how significant that was or wasn't. Will Col have room to re-sign him for next year? Also unknown. But they might flip him to recover some of the cost.

I know Barron was available, because he was dealt.
that doesn't mean he was available for a ufa...

Reactions: Keystone

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Holding on to Stastny was the safe move, real leadership requires making a hard move for the benefit of the team.

Would you rather have a random 3rd or a better chance to make the playoffs, stronger locker room leadership, and an inside track to signing a 3C for next season?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He was for Lekhonen. Rumor was the Avs where offering that for Copp but we wanted a 1st.

If we don't get a 1st for Copp, and that was true then I think they made a mistake

I think they would have made a mistake anyway. Barron alone is worth more than a late 1st. He was a late 1st himself not long ago and is developing well. Then there is the 2nd.

Unless it is a 1st +, they made a mistake if they turned down the Lehkonen deal.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Would you rather have a random 3rd or a better chance to make the playoffs, stronger locker room leadership, and an inside track to signing a 3C for next season?

Playoffs are done. He's not signing here next season, that has been the reporting from Murat and also based on his comments he's not gonna consider Canada. No point of leadership for 19 games when you are not making the playoffs. The room would have survived without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad