Confirmed with Link: Copp + 6th to NYR for 1st + 2nd + barron +5th

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Not only has the trade worked out quite well for us, there is actually a path for Copp to return to Winnipeg and maybe, just maybe become the next captain of the Jets. I see him as definite captain material.

I don't know his feelings on returning and Wheeler would have to be moved, but I would be quite happy for such a thing to occur. The Rangers are seemingly, moving on from Copp.

Per Arthur Staple of The Athletic, “Sources say the New York Rangers are out on Andrew Copp. Sides talked over the weekend but Rangers are likely looking elsewhere for their No. 2 center spot.”

We should see a lot of Jets news over the next few days.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not only has the trade worked out quite well for us, there is actually a path for Copp to return to Winnipeg and maybe, just maybe become the next captain of the Jets. I see him as definite captain material.

I don't know his feelings on returning and Wheeler would have to be moved, but I would be quite happy for such a thing to occur. The Rangers are seemingly, moving on from Copp.

Per Arthur Staple of The Athletic, “Sources say the New York Rangers are out on Andrew Copp. Sides talked over the weekend but Rangers are likely looking elsewhere for their No. 2 center spot.”

At this point, I would expect the Copp/Overcharge strategy is to cash in big time by finding a fool looking to be parted from his money.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That would be a hilarious turn of events. If Andrew was signed long term he would be my first choice as Captain and he has been for a while. My view from the cheap seats :laugh:. Either way I give it about a 1/1000 shot and I am very happy we maximized his asset value this past season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i doubt copp will re-sign here. he finished 8th in NHL scoring and was one of the highest used Fwds in TOI. someone will pay him & place him as a top-6er. Perfetti will likely be in our top-6 and the rest of the line up pretty much the same as last year. no room, barring a trade t

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This trade certainly turned out well for us.

Copp must be asking for a lot if a free agent destination like New York can't give him what he wants.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This trade certainly turned out well for us.

Copp must be asking for a lot if a free agent destination like New York can't give him what he wants.
Maybe it's not about the money or the city. Maybe he just wants to be reunited with his Captain, wherever that might be.

giphy.gif

Reactions: macmaroon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
So, we went from 'Copp is worth maybe $5M AAV' to hoping he re-signs here at a much higher cap hit as a UFA based upon his play for NYR during the playoffs?

I like Copp, but honestly, I'd pass at the cap hit he's looking for. I don't think he'll live up to his next contract. I think he had good chemistry with Panarin, and will probably just regress.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Would love to have him back but I just cant see it happening. He deserves a top 6 shot and we cant give it to him.

Best of luck Copper! You gained us a heck of a return!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
A true stud, got us the pick to get Lambert (solely him, NOBODY else on the NYR). Would be quite funny if he somehow ended up back here although I doubt that happens. Plus I don't want the Jets to be the team to shell out 2C money for him.

Reactions: JetsUK

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is OFFICIAL...

Winnipeg Jets won the trade! =D
funny, I was told we lost the trade before we even knew what we were getting back

I mean technically Lambert and Salomonsson could be busts and Barron plays awful on the Jets next year but even at THAT I still think we won the deal! We got Lambert, Salomonsson, Barron and a future 5th rounder for 16 more games with the Jets followed by a depart to the Red Wings. Copp helped the Rangers make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs and now he is gone.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It is OFFICIAL...

Winnipeg Jets won the trade! =D

I mean technically Lambert and Salomonsson could be busts and Barron plays awful on the Jets next year but even at THAT I still think we won the deal! We got Lambert, Salomonsson, Barron and a future 5th rounder for 16 more games with the Jets followed by a depart to the Red Wings. Copp helped the Rangers make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs and now he is gone.
Yeah, Chevy did okay on that one.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Trade is officially:

Andrew Copp
Dylan Roobroeck

For

Brad Lambert
Elias Salomonsson
Thomas Milic
Morgan Barron

Unreal trade for Chevy, the way our guys are tracking theres a non zero chance we got a 1st line forward, 1st pair D, and starting goalie out of an Andrew Copp playoff run

Ummm, I’m not sure if you’re criticizing or praising the way this is worded…

• Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Barron is in no way an upgrade on Copp and it is a bit premature to pencil in Lambert as a 1st liner, Elias as a top pair D and Milic as a starting goalie.

But I agree that Chevy did well on this trade and odds are we get atleast one impact NHL'r out of it in addition to Barron.
Sorry…my response was to “non-zero chance” it was all supposition….fiction….the fun part of the forums

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad