Coping with Covid-19 - Discussion continued as social distancing in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanHowick

Apr 7, 2018
Alan Howick
A Waterpik® for the mind.
A bidet for the soul.
Can you handle it?
May you be cleansed!

Providing Virus and Signal free music for humanity since 2014.

Well... since the world is going to shit,
Alan Howick decided to take a final dump.

If you're looking for a distraction,
here's something worse than the corona virus!

Alan Howick's "The Human Condition Trilogy"

Alan Howick

(Sorry about the shameless self promotion)

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
This popped into my head when I'm remembering something obscure and impressive:

Thanks for making my evening.

- Always thought the intro was synth but seeing someone actually do it manually, now I don't know.

- Greatest rock song ever written and I've put a LOT of thought into that.

- Always wanted to work up a guitar version of that, especially the violin solo at the end and I'm now motivated to get off my ass and do it.

member 300185

The only good thing coming from this virus is the Leafs get a chance to get 100% healthy. They were pretty banged up and still playing.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think I’m driving my family nuts.

I found a way to play the lead guitar part on this 80’s classic using a high gain and distortion setting on the bass.

I play the original through my home stereo and crank my distorted bass through the Amp.

And basically every night... my open concept basement becomes an 80’s anthem rock concert

I’m not sure my neighbours still like me but I know my family is hoping this ends soon.

Lol, this post hit home for me. I play acoustic and electric guitar, and I started fiddling around with a jazz bass guitar about a year ago. I usually go to my buddy's house a couple of times a month to jam with him and his son, who is an amazing drummer.

With everything that's happened recently, we've put that on hold, so I've been looking for individual cover songs on you tube for our playlist so I can stay sharp. I have found an amazing cover for every single song, and I just plug in my amp and play along.

It's incredible how many talented musicians are out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: bikemike66

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I really don't get why people refuse to social distance or self quarantine if they've been away.
Could someone who isn't following these recommendations maybe give some light on the thinking behind this?

Reactions: rumman

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

The respose was a bit slow at first, but Trudeau has handled this really well since. No issues with him.

Reactions: Rob Brown

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

The respose was a bit slow at first, but Trudeau has handled this really well since. No issues with him.

not really thrilled that they are letting all these Canadians back now and handing them pamphlets about self isolating. There are no measures being taken to ensure they obey. Keep in mind a lot of them are the same dimwits they decided to go away anyway knowing the situation.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
not really thrilled that they are letting all these Canadians back now and handing them pamphlets about self isolating. There are no measures being taken to ensure they obey. Keep in mind a lot of them are the same dimwits they decided to go away anyway knowing the situation.
Old couple up the street from me got back from Hawaii last week and two days later the man felt it was essential that he go out and swap off his snow tires. I’d love to know the thought process these types go through.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Ive been busy with work and not able to do much with my kids while working from home. Told my kids to go do something quiet.

My youngest (9) decided to write the Leafs. It’s too cute not to send to them and might even cheer them up. There is also some tips on how to play better lol.

Does anyone know where I can email this?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Wonder what all the rail movement of tanks and military trucks was about yesterday?

Maybe just coincidence?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Old couple up the street from me got back from Hawaii last week and two days later the man felt it was essential that he go out and swap off his snow tires. I’d love to know the thought process these types go through.
Probably because he has lots of time on his hands and just wanted something to do.did he go out or do it himself in the driveway? He shouldn’t be going out anywhere but his yard

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Probably because he has lots of time on his hands and just wanted something to do.did he go out or do it himself in the driveway? He shouldn’t be going out anywhere but his yard
Drove somewhere assuming a mechanic .

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He’s a tool. You have a right to tell him to maybe smarten up. He’d probably tell you where to go by viewing his previous actions. :)
If word gets out that he has it and may have affected others by his stupidity life on our street won't be pleasant for him.
They should have way to rat people out that are putting others at risk.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If word gets out that he has it and may have affected others by his stupidity life on our street won't be pleasant for him.
Wow. He knows full well too that he is to stay self isolated. I don’t know. Feel annoyed by hearing this. Most people are good though so i will hold that. Big sign on his lawn telling him you are supposed to stay home. “Stop putting people at risk please” lol

ha that would make him think. He needs a cup of wake the hell up :)

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Yeah. Get a mob rule hotline going :p

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

in his own driveway? Did he invite people over to watch? I don’t see the problem with this. Unless you mean he took the car to a mechanic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad