GDT: [CONVERTED]Leafs vs Islanders | Thur, Feb 12 | SPOILER ALERT: Lupul Hurt Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
The second Lupul is in the lineup we need to move him for anything possibly available. This guy can't survive a week without another dumb injury.

Some of the others seem like stretches, but I totally believe Lupul got himself another dumb injury.

And some wanted Bolland signed here. He's another Lupul

Some people thought we'd net a good return from Lupul? :confused::phew:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Some people thought we'd net a good return from Lupul? :confused::phew:

Conditional 7th rounder is all we can expect for him now!

The condition would be on him playing more than 10 games in a row at any point during the season! NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN!

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Lupul injured yet again? :biglaugh:

Lupul out, Franson injured and possibly misses a game, Clarkson returning, Phil still plays (given Lupul is out)... Tank is in the right direction.

Just need our captain Phanoof to return and it'll be just perfect!

Icing on cake would be Santorelli and Winnik traded for good returns so our "top line" gets more icetime. :naughty:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs' Kessel demoted to fourth line

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/11/leafs-practice-day-after-horacheks-scathing-comments

TORONTO - Whether it’s the ‘give-a-spit’ meter, peer pressure or fan and media attention, the spotlight will be on Phil Kessel Thursday in Long Island.

From top gun to pop gun, the misfiring Maple Leaf winger was wearing a fourth line red jersey at Wednesday’s practice with Trevor Smith and David Booth. That’s where he finished Tuesday’s 5-4 loss to the Rangers, a minus four and the intended target of interim coach Peter Horachek’s well-publicized expletive about team effort afterwards.

But it appears Kessel will be spared the fate of David Clarkson, who spent the past two games in the press box for his lack of production. A nagging knee injury to Joffrey Lupul will sideline the winger about a week, allowing both Kessel and Clarkson to play against the Islanders.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to the Toronto Star, the Leafs have shut down Joffrey Lupul for a week or so to allow the winger to heal a lower body injury he suffered against Boston New Year’s eve.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/02/11/leafs-rest-ailing-lupul-as-kessel-keeps-quiet.html

The Leafs have shut down Joffrey Lupul for a week or so to allow the winger to heal a lower body injury he suffered against Boston New Year’s eve.

Phil Kessel has simply shut it down with the media.

“He’s been playing with this and it’s not 100 per cent,” Leafs coach Peter Horachek said of Lupul’s injury.

“We need to get it back to 100 per cent, so the doctors said … we’re giving him a week or maybe less, give him time to get 100 per cent. He’ll miss three games and then we’ll hopefully see major improvement.”

Lupul missed 11 games after playing Boston. He’s battled a series of injuries for much of his career.

Kessel, meanwhile, turned down media requests for a second straight day; he did not speak after Tuesday’s 5-4 loss to the Rangers, one of the more embarrassing games of his Leafs career. Kessel played just over 12 minutes, and was demoted to the fourth line during the game.

“He never likes to talk to the media,” Horachek said of Kessel.

“Everyone deals with it differently. If it becomes an issue, (Leafs PR staff) will yell at me and I’ll deal with it,” said Horachek, who emphasized that he was more concerned with Kessel’s on-ice performance.

“Everyone has to work harder, that’s what I’m most interested in, getting more consistency,” Horachek said.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Lupul is not really injured again; its that he has a nagging injury which he can play through but since were playing meaningless hockey theyd rather he just sit out and get better.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Honestly if I'm the leafs and I see Jets and sabres making big deals and decide it's time for a few. Leafs could get 4 or 5 firsts in this years and next draft plus some prospects.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Are you saying trade the whole team?:laugh:

Kessel and Phaneuf return a first each.

Franson gets a late first

Lupul for 1st + capdump

santa for 2nd

winnik for 3rd

Bernier for a first

Full Rebuild. Keep Rielly, Nylander, JVR, Kadri, Bibeau for the future. Draft a **** ton of promising players, let the kids play.

Leafspoison*

Sweet guys, lets ruin the value of our elite player that were going to be trying to trade in the upcoming weeks/months by scratching him and playing him on the 4th line.

I know right?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Kessel and Phaneuf return a first each.

Franson gets a late first

Lupul for 1st + capdump

santa for 2nd

winnik for 3rd

Bernier for a first

Full Rebuild. Keep Rielly, Nylander, JVR, Kadri, Bibeau for the future. Draft a **** ton of promising players, let the kids play.
You aren't getting a first for each of Lupul,Phaneuf, Bernier. First 2 are salary dumps and Bernier is probably less valuable as a trade commodity than he was when Nonis "stole" him.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Even my hard core Leaf fans sons (10 & 5 years old) quit watching the Leafs 2weeks ago.

They are officially members of tank nation, desperately hoping to draft McDavid.

Smart kids, eh?

BB

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You just know David Clarkson is going to pull a complete 180, turn into a beast, and single-handedly make us draft like 13th or something.

And then I woke up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad