Value of: Contracts extensions for Domi and Brodin

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
At this point he is getter better, not worse. One of those well preserved Swedish types. He looks faster to me this year than ever, which is saying something.

I like him alot. His age and speed added to his rock solid defensive play makes him a perfect candidate for a D like the Habs.

Brodin-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

Pretty solid D for mem. Good amount of points producing. A lot of toughness and sounded defensively. I like it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
People think that Brodin is just about D, but forget one of his best skills, which is acquiring and moving the puck quickly in the Dzone. His elusiveness, speed in getting to the puck, and ability to win puck battles is as good as it gets. Some Dmen are more creative in their first pass, but it's often at the expense of turnovers, which Brodin seldom makes.

A lot of what he does goes unnoticed by yer average fan who only perk up when points are scored, but to an old Dman like me, he is a great watch.

Reactions: pfunk

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I can’t really comment on Borodin but I will say this that Domi shouldn’t be in the 7 million dollar conversation IMO. Domi has decent point production usually 40-50 ish range but had a career year last year.

Unless he is willing to accept this fact he is likely signing bridge deals until UFA. I see him in the Ehlers ballpark on a 6x6 year deal.

Ehlers contract was signed 2 1/2 years ago, and kicked in 2 years before Domi's will. It also included 4 RFA years and 3 UFA years, whereas Domi only has 2 RFA years to include.

If you want to use Ehlers as a comparable, $7m is probably the right number.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'd be comfortable paying Brodin anything between $6-7M on a 7 yr deal. I'd probably try to match the deal we gave Dumba (5 yrs $6M) and increase the AAV by $500K for each additional year. I value our defense quite highly though, whereas other fans probably would be hesitant to commit $28M+ to our Top 4.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
To other wild fans don't you think if guerin wanted domi as bad as he wanted A c would have traded for domi at trade deadline? Wouldn't that means he wasn't interested in dealing brodin for Domi?

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I'd be comfortable paying Brodin anything between $6-7M on a 7 yr deal. I'd probably try to match the deal we gave Dumba (5 yrs $6M) and increase the AAV by $500K for each additional year. I value our defense quite highly though, whereas other fans probably would be hesitant to commit $28M+ to our Top 4.
I‘d give him 8 years to life, if he takes the common swedish discount like Ekholm. (I know the taxes in Nashville make that easier).
Just imagine he‘d take 8x6.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
To other wild fans don't you think if guerin wanted domi as bad as he wanted A c would have traded for domi at trade deadline? Wouldn't that means he wasn't interested in dealing brodin for Domi?

IT's probably Bergevin that didn't want to. Because Brodin is UFA in one year from now. A deal like this would only happen after july 1st while both player can be extended.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I‘d give him 8 years to life, if he takes the common swedish discount like Ekholm. (I know the taxes in Nashville make that easier).
Just imagine he‘d take 8x6.

Could definitely see him being comfortable with a deal like that. Believe he enjoys playing here and I assume Minnesota feels like home to him. If we could lock him up long-term at that AAV, I don't see his game falling off a cliff either where 6M feels like an overpay even 7 years down the line (assuming the cap continues to grow). Might be an enticing reason for Dumba to re-sign when he hits UFA in 3 years as well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think Guerin is interested in Domi for Brodin, but who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad