Rumor: Contract Extension for General Manager Chuck Fletcher

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Elliotte Friedman
Quick note from Hotstove...word is MIN will be extending GM Check Fletcher. He could not be reached for comment, but info appears solid.

What does everybody think of that?

120709040118_wild_presser.jpg

Wikipedia entry for Chuck Fletcher

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Very happy about it.
Overall Chuck has been awesome for this franchise and is putting us in a spot to win. Give him 3-5 more years to restock our cupboards and live with the team through this veteran window.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Good move. Even when I've questioned some of GMCF's decisions, I've usually changed my tune after seeing those decisions turn into positives for the organization.

Also, inb4 GMCF vs. DR debate.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good move. Even when I've questioned some of GMCF's decisions, I've usually changed my tune after seeing those decisions turn into positives for the organization.

Also, inb4 GMCF vs. DR debate.

There's no debate. One is one of the worst GM's of all time, considered so by two franchises, the other is great!

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Workaholics-Blake-I-like-that.gif

He's definitely established himself as a GM in the 51st percentile of the league. Everything he does, with a few exceptions, involves great value.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
would be interesting if they bonused him year by year based on raise or lowered win %, playoff games.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He has definitely improved the team on paper. Hopefully these next couple years will pay off in the playoffs.

OpRedDawn*

He's still gotta find a way to get a dynamic type player on this team. We have too many guys who are scared to take the initiative and create something.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He's still gotta find a way to get a dynamic type player on this team. We have too many guys who are scared to take the initiative and create something.

Ding ding ding.

This team has significantly improved but the team was rock bottom when he took over. We're not an elite team and probably not even in the top ten for treams.

The biggest drawback about Fletcher is that he hasn't taken this team to the next level. He also has struggled to find a good coach for this team.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Ding ding ding.

This team has significantly improved but the team was rock bottom when he took over. We're not an elite team and probably not even in the top ten for treams.

The biggest drawback about Fletcher is that he hasn't taken this team to the next level. He also has struggled to find a good coach for this team.

League standings state otherwise, but who cares what stats say. Amirite?

OpRedDawn*

Ding ding ding.

Can't quite blame him though. Our draft position is always middle of the road, so we can never reload with top end talent. We have to overpay for a guy like Parise, who is still dependent of others to feed him

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Wtf you talking about?

How about from non-playoff team to playoff team?

He took over a team with no stars, no prospects, and no direction, and has made them into a pretty solid club.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Name ten teams that are better than us right now.

Well, based off the standings:
Boston
Montreal
Toronto
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Chicago
Colorado
Anaheim
San Jose
Los Angeles

Have more points than the Wild

Dallas is just right behind along with New York Rangers, Tampa Bay and Detroit. Phoenix, Ottawa, Washington are having off years. Columbus is surging again.

Minnesota is in the category of Toronto at this point where they aren't an elite team and currently a borderline playoff team.

I mean do you think Chicago or St. Louis is worried about not making the playoffs?

Can't quite blame him though. Our draft position is always middle of the road, so we can never reload with top end talent. We have to overpay for a guy like Parise, who is still dependent of others to feed him

Actually, you can blame him exactly for that. Our draft position is due to how he was building the team. A year or two of just bottoming out like Buffalo or Colorado did might have done some wonders for this organization.

You don't think a player like Alex Galchenyuk would have been better than Dumba? Or Lindholm?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad