Prospect Info: Considering the word "prospect"

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I used Calder eligibility as the defining criteria last year, and I thought that seemed pretty reasonable.
I hadn’t thought about before but this seems to be a perfect answer in my book. If the guy could still win the Calder then by league standards he’s still a prospect.

Also, shinny new toy is the most over used and least useful response given in any prospect discussion. Contributes nothing except telling the other person you’re going to ignore their arguments because they are delusional.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think a lot of the people that used to do the ratings and all of that are gone as well. Well gone as in not on HFboards, not gone from the world lol.

Lol, well maybe some of them are.

I miss the days of HF boards actually being connected to HockeysFuture -- where the prospect profiles started out great and then went to shit because the ratings were never updated to reflect the players' seasons as time progressed.

I actually came up with a more advanced/improved rating "range" that better conveyed the floor and ceiling of a given player.

For example, a player like say Jiri Kulich may get something like a 7A-8C, which would indicate someone with a high quality 3rd line floor and high likelihood of reaching that floor (Hence the 'A); and with a ceiling of a 2nd line scorer and reasonable but not highly probably chance of reaching at least that ceiling (hence the 'B')

To use another example, if we take a guy like Rosen who has more of a boom/bust potential, maybe the range is 6B-9D (decent but not certain to make it as an effective bottom 6 player, but with a low likelihood of being a really 1st line scoring winger)

I'm just pulling those two examples out of my ass right now, but you get the idea. I actually wrote to the HF folks saying I wanted to help re-do and update their prospect rankings and they were open to it, but then I never followed through on it because well, you know, it's not like I was going to be paid for it lol :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad