OT: Considering Moving to Pittsburgh~!~Educate me like Im 4

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hope this doesn't come off weird, but Green Tree is strange. Some apartment complexes are all indian families. Like it's weird to see one group of individuals in one area. Pittsburgh is quite diverse in terms of not having different areas for different ethnicity. But out of nowhere Green Tree has some complexes that are just all Indian fams.

That's basically one apartment complex AFAIK. And they're nice people :laugh:It is strange though. We had some interesting nicknames for that place in high school...

Picking a place to live can boil down to personality, imo. But Greentree isn't that bad. South Hills in general is where I'd look, but again that fits my personality. As others have mentioned, it's close to everything and the neighborhoods have nice quiet little residential areas while still being close to the noise/busy parts if that's your thing. Greentree/Scott/Lebo/Bethel Park are all pretty good.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
Ok I didn't know if there were restrictions or water cleanliness issues that limited that to just boating as opposed to being in the water.

Where is that second picture?

Also are there any other places besides three rivers?

That picture must have been taken at Laurel Highlands as it is written on the side of the boat. The Laurel Highlands are around Ohiopyle State Park and there are tons of outdoor activities to do there. This is also right around where Fallingwater is.

Also, you can go into the water if you like. Every year they have that polar bear thing.

There are plenty of state parks you can go to, but you will have to drive a little bit to get there, as they are all outside of the city. Ohiopyle, Moraine, and Raccoon Creek state parks all have lakes/rivers you can use.

If you don't want to go as far out, there is also Canonsburg Lake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad