Injury Report: Conor Timmins potentially out long-term with lower body injury

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
One option would be to move Jarnkrok.

Gregor, McMann, Benoit and Jones are all protected from waivers giving us depth at each position without the risk of casualties on waivers.

Holmberg could be an option to replace one of the waiver candidates if they so choose as he is probably the best replacement for Jarnkrok. Maybe, a month or two into the year once they find out what they have in the others.

Robertson and Timmins are bouncing around until they can stay healthy.

That's the smartest move.

Matthews
Marner
Kampf
Lafferty
Knies
Gregor

6 pk forwards right there

Jarnkrok has had a mediocre playoff 2 years in a row, Calgary and then with us in Toronto.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I remember that hit, went off on own steam but the colour commentator noticed he went off in some discomfort. Hope it is nothing major, he’s been plagued by injuries in his young career.
Yeah I noticed it right away too.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Bruh, how is this man supposed to get in any sort of rhythm like this.

Hopefully it's not too bad.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
I don't see how. We were already going to either run short or waive someone. This way if we waive Lafferty and Timmons is on LTIR that gives over 2M in cap space which can fit in Benoit and Gregor giving us 12F and 7D. If we keep Lafferty and Gregor then we will run only 6D which historically our coaches do not do
Leafs will just pay the fine for being over the cap. Happens.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't see how. We were already going to either run short or waive someone. This way if we waive Lafferty and Timmons is on LTIR that gives over 2M in cap space which can fit in Benoit and Gregor giving us 12F and 7D. If we keep Lafferty and Gregor then we will run only 6D which historically our coaches do not do
They won't waive Lafferty over Benoit.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Can’t we get some dam players that can stay healthy……….

I hear you.

Remember Mrazek? He was in net for Chicago the other night.
Remember the guy Dubas brought in to replace Mrazek in net after he was traded due to being too injury prone? He's on LTIR.

(Okay, I get that we got a pretty good prospect in return for moving him but you see the point I'm making I hope)

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Unfortunately this has been an issue with Timmins. Injuries continue to slow his development. I am excited for him and hope he gets back healthy as soon as he can.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Injury seems legit but it's convenient considering that he's the 7th defender and there are cap considerations before the season starts. This is assuming that Klingberg will be returning in time for opening night.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
At least it solves the issue about potentially waiving him or Gio.

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Klingberg
Giordano - Liljegren

We’ll most likely roll with that to start the regular season barring an injury.

Timmins has a ton of skill, he just can’t stay healthy which is very unfortunate.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Reminds me of Eric Lindros
So much potential down the drain
Lindros could have had more longevity if he altered his play style (I know he wouldn't be THE Eric Lindros anymore), Timmins seems to get hurt from small things.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Team is now CAP compliant .. Robertson, Holmberg sent down .. Gambrel on waivers then Marlies .. Timmer on CAP relief for 4 weeks .. team signs Gregor to league minimum .. only real issue is we are gonna lose Jones to Tampa unless a trade is done in next few days

Reactions: geo25

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Might as well acquire Tanev from the Flames to have him keep Timmins from being lonely in the press box recovering from hangnails. :cool:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have they given any update on a potential return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad