Value of: Conor Sheary to San Jose

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So sounds like he might be good on a fast, skilled depth line that is out there for scoring. A guy like Nieto sounds like a good linemate for him.

He'll look a lot better than he did in Buffalo in San Jose as he won't be playing all of his time with Evan Rodrigues and Casey Middlestadt.

I like E-Rod and I think Middlestadt can still be an NHLer, but that aren't exactly the skillsets that would make Sheary flourish and expecting Sheary to carry a line is a fool's errand. He's essentially the definition of complimentary, but as we saw when he came back to PIT, when he works as a compliment he produces at a .5PPG pace and generally dictates possession. He'd be a smart add for San Jose. He's pretty similar to Dominik Kahun who many Sabres fans went gaga over.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The plus side of picking him up is you can make a drinking game out of him falling down. The downside is you will end up really, really hungover.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Sheary has some scoring ability, and has at times looked great as the third wheel on a scoring line with the right players (i.e. Crosby). However, he is very small and lacks the ability to outmuscle opposing players, and is also prone to fall down and break up plays by his own team. He is the type of player that can't really contribute anything if his line isn't scoring.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You understand it was 3-4 injuries that caused them to drop last season right?

This is revisionist history. They had a clean bill of health and were still near the bottom of the league before the injury bug hit the team hard.

Not in the way the Kane/Hertl/Labanc line is.

At the career level, Sheary's impact on expected goals - essentially possession weighted by the quality of chances it leads to - is second to only Hertl from that line.

upload_2020-10-24_12-6-56.png

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
In his prime he had seasons of 61, 52 (in 48 games) and 68 points. He also had 60 and 50 point seasons with Anaheim. He absolutely was a top 6 player before he started breaking down around 2015
Those numbers are skewed by playing with the best player in the world for many years . He also played with grade A players in Anaheim. Without sid he was a rock solid 3rd line guy who could play further up if needed.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Always rips up the pens, but you won't terribly excited to get him. High motor, but just has very minimal affect on the game. Soft as butter too.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He'll look a lot better than he did in Buffalo in San Jose as he won't be playing all of his time with Evan Rodrigues and Casey Middlestadt.

I like E-Rod and I think Middlestadt can still be an NHLer, but that aren't exactly the skillsets that would make Sheary flourish and expecting Sheary to carry a line is a fool's errand. He's essentially the definition of complimentary, but as we saw when he came back to PIT, when he works as a compliment he produces at a .5PPG pace and generally dictates possession. He'd be a smart add for San Jose. He's pretty similar to Dominik Kahun who many Sabres fans went gaga over.
Hahaah he was playing with Sid Crosby when he came back... Basically a pylon could score .5 ppg... he a bottom 6 guy with some.skill but soft and getting softer. Decent shot. Easily knocked off puck. Kahun more potential and faster. There a reason pens let him walk

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hahaah he was playing with Sid Crosby when he came back... Basically a pylon could score .5 ppg... he a bottom 6 guy with some.skill but soft and getting softer. Decent shot. Easily knocked off puck. Kahun more potential and faster. There a reason pens let him walk
Hmmm interesting....
Great trade. Time will show. Kahun wasnt what the pens needed.
Sounds like once upon a time you thought the opposite

You heard it here first.. both sheary and Marleau will score more playoff goals than Zucker including a least one game winner....take it to the bank
On my way to the bank now...
Actually sheary fit in fine. Sid likes playing with him..this line apparently looked good in camo so far. Give him a full season with sid and jake and he puts up 20 plus goals and 50 plus points ...take that to the bank
I have to go to the bank again? Oh ok since you are so high on Sheary....
Sheary was better than malkin Zucker, tanev, zar, McCann, bleuger, letang, dumo, petterson, Shultz, murray in the Montreal series... . Sure he isn't great but he wa better than ALL those listed..easily
Wow.....

For some strange reason your opinions changed. Hmmm I wonder why when he was on the Pens you were all about him and going to the bank and now that he isn't...

Kinda makes you think don't it?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hmmm interesting....

Sounds like once upon a time you thought the opposite

On my way to the bank now...

I have to go to the bank again? Oh ok since you are so high on Sheary....

Wow.....

For some strange reason your opinions changed. Hmmm I wonder why when he was on the Pens you were all about him and going to the bank and now that he isn't...

Kinda makes you think don't it?
Opinions are opinions. Facts are facts. Kahun didn't fit with pens . Fact. Sheary was a better fit especially eith sid. Fact. Sheary did score more goals playoff goals than Marleau etc fact...
Sheary couldn't play in top 6 . One of the reasons the pens got knocked out early.Fact. Hence why he was let go. My prediction was spot on. Pens fans were hoping he could rekindle some kind of magic with sid but really didn't happen like it was suppose to. Fact. The guys they have now in top 6 will be better than sheary and he isnt going to ge to play with sid there. The Original was tradw was made in hopes...but wasn't a flop... sheary score 10 to 12 goals , and 25 to 30 points next year no matter where he plays....

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Opinions are opinions. Facts are facts. Kahun didn't fit with pens . Fact. Sheary was a better fit especially eith sid. Fact. Sheary did score more goals playoff goals than Marleau etc fact...
Sheary couldn't play in top 6 . One of the reasons the pens got knocked out early.Fact. Hence why he was let go. My prediction was spot on. Pens fans were hoping he could rekindle some kind of magic with sid but really didn't happen like it was suppose to. Fact. The guys they have now in top 6 will be better than sheary and he isnt going to ge to play with sid there. The Original was tradw was made in hopes...but wasn't a flop... sheary score 10 to 12 goals , and 25 to 30 points next year no matter where he plays....
Sounds like a guy who played better than Malkin and makes close to nothing would be a decent guy to keep.

Trust me, it's pretty transparent to everyone what is going on.

Fact.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kahun is who I want (and I’m sure fans of 30 other teams think the same). I think he would actually fit what the Sharks are building.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kahun is who I want (and I’m sure fans of 30 other teams think the same). I think he would actually fit what the Sharks are building.

What exactly are the Sharks building? And follow up : Shouldn't it be pretty much finished by now?

Sheary would be a decent fit for the Sharks. Their forwards drop off hard after Labanc.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sheary has hit 30 pts in a season three times. Sorenson is the only bottom 6 Shark forward to have hit that mark once other than Marleau, who is 41 years old.
And Sheary also spent a majority of his career with Crosby. Marleau is the only one to have spent any time with a player anywhere near that good. We need another top 6 winger and a 3C. Sheary is neither of those. If the player isn’t either of those, we don’t need him and he will not improve our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad