Value of: Conor Sheary to San Jose

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Sheary has great speed and can score in spurts if he has a good player setting him up.
Incredibly soft and weak. Avoids contact and can disappear for long stretches.
His stint with the Sabres showed how much his early success was a product of Crosby.
I’m sure with the current market he will be signed very cheap and for one year.

Reactions: qqaz and themelkman

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
When free agency began on October 9th, the question was, “Who would the San Jose Sharks sign?”
After almost two weeks of relative inactivity — besides adding familiar faces Patrick Marleau and Matt Nieto and losing franchise icon Joe Thornton — the question became, “What’s Doug Wilson doing?”

San Jose Hockey Now has good news for Sharks fans: Wilson is still active in free agency. So who’s he looking at — Conor Sheary, Erik Haula, or Mikael Granlund? We’ve got the scoop!

Thats all thats in the link

Reactions: Morrison

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sheary has great speed and can score in spurts if he has a good player setting him up.
Incredibly soft and weak. Avoids contact and can disappear for long stretches.
His stint with the Sabres showed how much his early success was a product of Crosby.
I’m sure with the current market he will be signed very cheap and for one year.

Thanks, so it doesn't sound like he'll succeed in a third line role and needs a top-6 center to carry him?

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
When free agency began on October 9th, the question was, “Who would the San Jose Sharks sign?”
After almost two weeks of relative inactivity — besides adding familiar faces Patrick Marleau and Matt Nieto and losing franchise icon Joe Thornton — the question became, “What’s Doug Wilson doing?”

San Jose Hockey Now has good news for Sharks fans: Wilson is still active in free agency. So who’s he looking at — Conor Sheary, Erik Haula, or Mikael Granlund? We’ve got the scoop!

The part I quoted is in there as well...it might be for subscribers only.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

It’s a subscription site for Sharks. It’s different when you subscribe but Sheng is probably the most connected insider for the Sharks.

Also like I said on the Sharks board. Guy would be an awful signing. Literally Sorensen who we all hate.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Many people said Kunitz was a product of Crosby. Maybe to an extent. But Kunitz was still a legit top six forward without Crosby. He wasn't useless without him. Nor a liability.

Sheary? Absolutely a product of Crosby. Shouldn't be a top six forward on any cup contending team. He can't create his own chances. He can't finish most times. And he falls down consistently.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's out of the league within a year or two.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I still say Granlund is their best option, he has the highest ceiling to make an impact.

If they're in on him but signing Sheary means they're done then that's bad.

They already got Donato as well.. Sheary seems redundant.

Reactions: qqaz and Morrison

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Hey now! Maybe Connor has improved immensely since his time with Buffalo!

41DJGHT-c7L._AC_SX466_.jpg

.....or not......

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I never saw him as that bad, on the pens, and I always assumed that his bad scoring on Buffalo was just being in Buffalo, but these comments are making me feel differently. Maybe the sharks just want to ride him as the 13th forward and have him fill in for injuries?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I never saw him as that bad, on the pens, and I always assumed that his bad scoring on Buffalo was just being in Buffalo, but these comments are making me feel differently. Maybe the sharks just want to ride him as the 13th forward and have him fill in for injuries?

He is a fine top nine forward who was great with the Pens. He’d probably be good with San Jose.

Reactions: themelkman

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Many people said Kunitz was a product of Crosby. Maybe to an extent. But Kunitz was still a legit top six forward without Crosby. He wasn't useless without him. Nor a liability.

Sheary? Absolutely a product of Crosby. Shouldn't be a top six forward on any cup contending team. He can't create his own chances. He can't finish most times. And he falls down consistently.

Kunitz was good before Pittisburgh. In fact he was even more consistent in Anaheim. For the record I don’t think Sheary is a top 6 guy. He’s a classic example of the term tweener. Kunitz was clearly a top 6 forward in Anaheim

Reactions: themelkman

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

He just needs space and he can make teams pay. Has an accurate shot. You just dont really want him skating with the puck. Give him a Center and other winger that are two way players who are more playmaker types and he'd be fine.

Actually did very well in the finals against the Sharks. Scoring a few goals(I believe the winner in game 1 OT?) . But that was with Crosby setting him up on line 1. He could play on the 3rd line, as long as that is used as a scoring line as well.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
In buffal he wasn’t all that reliable after the first 15 games he played in buffalo to start 18-19 season after he was acquired in the summer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kunitz was good before Pittisburgh. In fact he was even more consistent in Anaheim. For the record I don’t think Sheary is a top 6 guy. He’s a classic example of the term tweener. Kunitz was clearly a top 6 forward in Anaheim

Sheary is a solid top nine winger that can fit in the top six in a pinch.

Kunitz was p much a top six wing until 2016-17.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

To be fair he was a top 6 forward on a team that literally won back to back cups. And scored 2 clutch goals against the sharks.

But yeah hes just kinda there now. Decent middle six guy, that's about it

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He just needs space and he can make teams pay. Has an accurate shot. You just dont really want him skating with the puck. Give him a Center and other winger that are two way players who are more playmaker types and he'd be fine.

Actually did very well in the finals against the Sharks. Scoring a few goals(I believe the winner in game 1 OT?) . But that was with Crosby setting him up on line 1. He could play on the 3rd line, as long as that is used as a scoring line as well.
Sharks have 0 playmakers in the top 6.

Reactions: qqaz and Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad