Connor vs Zibanejad vs Barzal

best

• Connor

• Zibanejad

• Barzal

Results are only viewable after voting.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Zib is the best player now, but I feel Connor is getting thrown around like he's not even in the conversation in this thread. He's PPG and might score 40 goals this year, he scored 34 last year as well, and 31 the year before. If the conversation was who you would take going forward, I would be really thinking about Connor.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Zib is the best player now, but I feel Connor is getting thrown around like he's not even in the conversation in this thread. He's PPG and might score 40 goals this year, he scored 34 last year as well, and 31 the year before. If the conversation was who you would take going forward, I would be really thinking about Connor.
Zibanejad has one less goal than Connor in 15 less games.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Zibanejad has one less goal than Connor in 15 less games.

hence....

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Connor is a really good offensive player who can't drive offence by himself and that's been proven in the past. He only started producing these ~ppg stats since being stapled to Scheifele's line. The other 2 are clearly ahead of him as they both can drive offense.

Mika is having the better year so he's better currently but I'd take Barzal going forward not even close.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Right now I think it's Zibby comfortably which is no slight to the other guys who are great. If it's going forward Zibby might be last, that's how good they all are. Going forward I might be tempted to take Connor. Each guy could surpass the other any given year but this is Zibs year thus far.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Barzal pretty easily.

Zibby has become a good player and his productivity is hard to ignore, but if i'm building a team...i want a guy like Barzal down the middle. That terrific playmaker who is probably going to pad his wingers' goal totals, just by the situations he can put them in if they can keep up. While also showing that he can continue to be a great center while playing within a system that is very much not suited to gaudy offensive numbers and freelancing production.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Because Matt Barzal is 4 years younger, and should improve. This is by far Zibanejad's best year at age 26, so I doubt he'll be able to top a season like this. Barzal's only 22 and should continue to improve.

I doubt Barzal will ever be as good as Zibanejad right now (38g/71pts in 54 games = 58g/107pt full season pace)

this is Zibanejad now and future

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I doubt Barzal will ever be as good as Zibanejad right now (38g/71pts in 54 games = 58g/107pt full season pace)

this is Zibanejad now and future

Barzal might never be as good as Zibby is now, but I would still take him over Zibanejad given how much younger he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad