Connor McDavid to Lightning - A Dream

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Your talking about a superstar that's suppose to be the next crosby! If you can get him for anything but stamkos, Hedman, drouin and vasy you do it. Old saying you got to give up something great to get something great. Last I checked crosby has a cup and played in two finals! Stamkos has none! Now that being said we'll see how tampa does in the playoffs this year. Last year all I heard was the lindback excuse. Will find out how ready and good Johnson and palat are ?

Last I checked, Pittsburgh has struggled to get Crosby and Malkin a great supporting cast, because they are tight against the cap. Front heavy teams don't cut it in May/ June anymore. We have enough superstar power, We don't need another one.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Your talking about a superstar that's suppose to be the next crosby! If you can get him for anything but stamkos, Hedman, drouin and vasy you do it. Old saying you got to give up something great to get something great. Last I checked crosby has a cup and played in two finals! Stamkos has none! Now that being said we'll see how tampa does in the playoffs this year. Last year all I heard was the lindback excuse. Will find out how ready and good Johnson and palat are ?

like said wouldnt give up tyjo palat and first for crosby myself maybe others would but the defense they bring outweighs the offense of said superstar sometimes that superstar just doesnt work out ie: spezza etc...

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So if your the oilers would you pass on mcdavid ? How do you explain that to your fans ? I think any team should pick mcdavid 1st.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
No, and you're asking them (or Buffalo, Arizona, etc.) to do that by assuming we could trade for him, lol.

Any talks for McDavid probably begin with Stamkos (that other team is going to want an instant proven star in exchange for a future one so that they have hope to sell their fans), thus defeating the point unless you think Stamkos is not championship caliber or won't re-sign here.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No, and you're asking them (or Buffalo, Arizona, etc.) to do that by assuming we could trade for him, lol.

Any talks for McDavid probably begin with Stamkos, thus defeating the point unless you think Stamkos is not championship caliber or won't re-sign here.
Well we got the kids for the oilers they need a palat or Johnson badly

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Last I checked, Pittsburgh has struggled to get Crosby and Malkin a great supporting cast, because they are tight against the cap. Front heavy teams don't cut it in May/ June anymore. We have enough superstar power, We don't need another one.
That's true I'm sure yzerman will over pay stamkos on his next deal

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Johnson + Kucherov + Palat you say? We trade the best line in hockey for one player? Look:

Add those together, you get 188. Will McDavid get you more than 188 points while providing great defense? No. Never. Ever. You may have just said Johnson + Kucherov, so 67 + 61 = 128. Will McDavid get you 128 points while providing great defense? 0.001% chance maybe. Are you willing to throw away proven commodities for that chance?

Besides, you don't think it's better to have scoring more spread out than to have it top-heavy? The Lightning were pretty top-heavy for a while... the Big 3, they called us. Vinny, Stammer, St. Louis. Look where that got us. The dumpster. Yeah, we had one great year. Out of how many though? Now look at us. Our 4th line center has 15 goals. 15!

We don't need offense. We're the highest scoring team in the league. Why you want more of it is beyond me.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Johnson + Kucherov + Palat you say? We trade the best line in hockey for one player? Look:

Add those together, you get 188. Will McDavid get you more than 188 points while providing great defense? No. Never. Ever. You may have just said Johnson + Kucherov, so 67 + 61 = 128. Will McDavid get you 128 points while providing great defense? 0.001% chance maybe. Are you willing to throw away proven commodities for that chance?

Besides, you don't think it's better to have scoring more spread out than to have it top-heavy? The Lightning were pretty top-heavy for a while... the Big 3, they called us. Vinny, Stammer, St. Louis. Look where that got us. The dumpster. Yeah, we had one great year. Out of how many though? Now look at us. Our 4th line center has 15 goals. 15!

We don't need offense. We're the highest scoring team in the league. Why you want more of it is beyond me.
Well we need a real power play

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Well we need a real power play

The personal we have sure is not the problem of our PP. The system we use is the problem.

How good do you think McDavid will be? Points?
And what do you think? Will McDavid or Palat and Johnson make as a better team in the short and longterm?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
As good as McDavid can be, Johnson & Palat combined can provide at least 120 points in all situation with elite defense. At best it'll be McDavid's ceiling without the defense but If either TJ or Palat goes down you still have the other one capable to carry his line for a while. As soon as McDavid is injured, you're finished. Just forget the 1st round pick.

I thought it was clear Pittsburgh is not an example to follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad