Connor McDavid to Lightning - A Dream

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Sustr and a broken bike + 4th round pick and future considerations.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
johnson, palat, 2015 first rounder and ben bishop for connor mcdavid

I never get the value of Superstars (two stars >> one superstar IMO), but we would be soooooooooo much worse if we would do such a trade.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Honestly I don not think there is anyone I would be willing to give up for him.

Maybe Carle + Sustr and a 6th rounder. But even then I am not comfortable giving them up with how our defense has been beat up this year and we could use all the depth we can get even if it is Carle + Sustr.

McDavid will be good but he is not worth giving up what we currently have.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Honestly I don not think there is anyone I would be willing to give up for him.

Maybe Carle + Sustr and a 6th rounder. But even then I am not comfortable giving them up with how our defense has been beat up this year and we could use all the depth we can get even if it is Carle + Sustr.

McDavid will be good but he is not worth giving up what we currently have.

Even with the state of our defense, if we had a chance to get Mcdavid for Carle, Sustr and a 6th rounder. Yzerman would do that deal so fast it would make your head spin. :laugh:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Superstars are untradeable. The package to get one is so ridiculous that it breaks a team just to get one player. The only way I would accept getting McDavid is if we win the draft lottery.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Even with the state of our defense, if we had a chance to get Mcdavid for Carle, Sustr and a 6th rounder. Yzerman would do that deal so fast it would make your head spin. :laugh:

Oh I agree, and the uncomfortable feeling I have about our defense will not linger very long if Yzerman pulled that off.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I just don't want him in the division. I hope the Coyotes get him just to annoy the elitists and save the team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
would take proven guy johnson palat or kucheorv maybe vladdy

but would take say vladdy a first and slater or tony d to even get in conversation

would i do that trade yes

so first vladdy and tony d or slater

still think we would have to add another piece

eichel could get mcdavid would be a bit over the top

since we have high fist would think have to add edmonton pick as well and stil not sure a gm would listen to mcdavid they would be smart to get 3-4 good solid players for one who will be superstar is good return but if like buffalo you need a face? MCDAVID IS BEST CHOICE BUFF IS PRETTY LEGIT MOVING FORWARD A FACE FRANCHISE PLAYER IS WHAT NEEDED

IF EDMONTON THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRADE LIKE THIS.

ARIZONA TOO

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
As cool as it would be the see him in a Lightning sweater it wouldn't be a good trade for the team to make. So no thanks. It would probably take 3 first rounders, TJ, Palat, and Namestnikov. While our team would be very good for a while it wouldn't be good for us to lose that many first rounders and already pro ready prospects of those guys caliber. Long term not a good trade. Short term would be good for the team.

Killorn Stamkos Callahan
Drouin MacDavid Kucherov
Paquette Fillpula Brown
Boyle X X

Hedman Stralman
Garrison Coburn
Carle Koekkoek
Sustr or Barberio

First two lines would look good but wouldn't do it.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
The hype around him is at Crosby levels. So whatever he was worth prior to coming into the league.

I wouldn't want to pay that.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
It would be wonderful to have him. It would also gut the team. Unless he's Gretzky and Gretzky's clone we really can't afford to lose that much.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
would take proven guy johnson palat or kucheorv maybe vladdy

but would take say vladdy a first and slater or tony d to even get in conversation

would i do that trade yes

so first vladdy and tony d or slater

still think we would have to add another piece

eichel could get mcdavid would be a bit over the top

since we have high fist would think have to add edmonton pick as well and stil not sure a gm would listen to mcdavid they would be smart to get 3-4 good solid players for one who will be superstar is good return but if like buffalo you need a face? MCDAVID IS BEST CHOICE BUFF IS PRETTY LEGIT MOVING FORWARD A FACE FRANCHISE PLAYER IS WHAT NEEDED

IF EDMONTON THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRADE LIKE THIS.

ARIZONA TOO
Best bet is the oilers winning then they could move it for a package your right there. We did make the best trade offer last year I wonder what we offered florida ?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That would be awesome having McDavid, but we would have to give a lot, I like the roster we have now (minus a few of the Defensemen) But wouldn't want to give up Palat, TJ, Drou, Names, or Kuch

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That would be awesome having McDavid, but we would have to give a lot, I like the roster we have now (minus a few of the Defensemen) But wouldn't want to give up Palat, TJ, Drou, Names, or Kuch

ya i doubt it would happen but i was dreaming the oilers get it and maybe tampa could throw them a package to help make them better asap. A core of stamkos, mcdavid, kucherov and drouin would be nasty and deadly to the rest of the league. Yes i would give them palat, johnson and a 2015 1st round pick to move up to the 1st pick. but they would want more so i can't see it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ya i doubt it would happen but i was dreaming the oilers get it and maybe tampa could throw them a package to help make them better asap. A core of stamkos, mcdavid, kucherov and drouin would be nasty and deadly to the rest of the league. Yes i would give them palat, johnson and a 2015 1st round pick to move up to the 1st pick. but they would want more so i can't see it.

that is top line two rookie of year finalist who show no let up great two way players two top argue wise 10 players in game and first pick and u think would want more????

i dont see it unless gm thinks is better then crosby which i doubt odds are he is top 5 guy in league but has a lot to prove to differntiate to that level

i keep palat and tyjo myself

i would not do your offer for crosby they bring more defensively then he would bring offensively for them just blah honestly would be fair but man they are our best two pk forwards and your overlooking that worth hugely they are plus 3o i think jeez man what more can this kid bring lmao or would crosby bring? exciting more scoring but making us better I THINK NOT

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
that is top line two rookie of year finalist who show no let up great two way players two top argue wise 10 players in game and first pick and u think would want more????

i dont see it unless gm thinks is better then crosby which i doubt odds are he is top 5 guy in league but has a lot to prove to differntiate to that level

i keep palat and tyjo myself

i would not do your offer for crosby they bring more defensively then he would bring offensively for them just blah honestly would be fair but man they are our best two pk forwards and your overlooking that worth hugely they are plus 3o i think jeez man what more can this kid bring lmao or would crosby bring? exciting more scoring but making us better I THINK NOT
Your talking about a superstar that's suppose to be the next crosby! If you can get him for anything but stamkos, Hedman, drouin and vasy you do it. Old saying you got to give up something great to get something great. Last I checked crosby has a cup and played in two finals! Stamkos has none! Now that being said we'll see how tampa does in the playoffs this year. Last year all I heard was the lindback excuse. Will find out how ready and good Johnson and palat are ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad