Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: The Thread - McUsernames for everyone!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Here is your warning. Religious themed posts will be deleted and posters may be thread banned.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I feel like there's something we could make out of a McDonald's reference. Hat tricks as happy meals? I dunno, there has to be something there.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I feel like there's something we could make out of a McDonald's reference. Hat tricks as happy meals? I dunno, there has to be something there.

Connor could be called McNugget. With nugget meaning gold nugget :naughty:

af8cf56439eb8fc0555871b1bb79175f.jpg

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Amusing quote from http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/37005/qa-jordan-eberle-talks-future-of-edmonton-oilers

Custance: So where were you when the Oilers won the draft lottery? Were you watching?

Eberle: I wasn’t even watching it. I found out on my phone, I was with quite a few teammates and pretty ecstatic. We were jumping around. It’s funny, we’ve had a few first overall picks and a lot of good players. But you can watch this kid and watch the caliber he is -- it’s kind of that next level.

Custance: So you found out by text?

Eberle: Yeah, I actually got a text on my phone from a friend. I thought he was kidding, going into the day, I didn’t think we had anything. That was followed by about 40 more, so I knew it was serious. From what you’ve seen in juniors, [Connor McDavid] looks like a pretty special player. I’m looking forward to getting a chance to play with him.

Sounds like the Oiler players are just as excited as fans.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So we're done uttering McJesus, and anything religious themed? If you're going to implement rule #4, you'll have to apply it to everybody.

I don't have a problem with the McJesus any more than Habs mods probably had an issue with Jesus Price. In my mind that is not serious enough to piss off too many people.

The problem was the disparaging of religious posters that was happening and Mceveryotherdeityunderthesun. This site is for hockey fans no matter what their religious beliefs.

I am not trying to be a hard ass, I am just trying to make sure that HFOil is inclusive for every oilers fan

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
King David, as in David vs Goliath. They call Lebron King James, so a bit of a rip of, but better than McJesus.

Also I think people need to seperate his media nickname from is lockeroom name. No doubt in the locker room he will be called Davies, or something lame. I am talking about his name ala the great one, Mario the Magnificent, The great 8, Sid the Kid etc.

ps, just a note, in line with the warning. David and Goliath actually happened. the story gets retold all wrong, but it is an actual historical event. There is nothing religious about it.

Last edited:

azashi

May 31, 2006
I don't have a problem with the McJesus any more than Habs mods probably had an issue with Jesus Price. In my mind that is not serious enough to piss off too many people.

The problem was the disparaging of religious posters that was happening and Mceveryotherdeityunderthesun. This site is for hockey fans no matter what their religious beliefs.

I am not trying to be a hard ass, I am just trying to make sure that HFOil is inclusive for every oilers fan

Good clarification. May I suggest an edit of your original warning to reflect this? I was confused, too.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Connor McDavid: The Prodigy Highlight Video

Hey guys just finished up making a highlight video

Let me know what you think :) If you like it make sure to give it a thumbs up on Youtube! :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan dropping by to say nobody is going to have a better spring of 2015 than the Oilers. A distant second place will be the Stanley cup winner.

The reorganization at the top was beyond massive and it gives you guys a glimmer of hope but for now I will comment on McDavid.

Flat out he is the best draft eligible prospect I have seen and I am old enough to have been around for everyone post Gretz. He is the generational talent you guys need to build around.

Perhaps an underrated element is that I heard Sherry Bassin talking about Connor on TSN1290 and I was blown away by how much time he spent on Connor's character. Sherry had Lindros around as well and kind of ducked comments about the gong show he was with his parents but when it turned to McDavid he couldn't stop saying he is a better person than a player. He won the academic award for the OHL for the past two seasons as well (or at least that is what they said on the show).

I think he will provide that huge missing element of being the clear cut leader for the young core and they don't really have that right now IMO. RNH is a bit quite, I don't think Hall is the guy, definitely not Yak, Ebs I can't comment on. I am not saying that will happen over night but I sense he will be the Johnny Toews type where he will step up at the right time and it won't take long.

Congrats Oil fans you guys put up with so much **** from your ownership/management and you have hung in. Time to start getting your payback.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Let me know what you think :) If you like it make sure to give it a thumbs up on Youtube! :nod:

Great job! I can't wait to watch him do that in Oilers silks...

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

I gave it a thumbs up for you but someone gave it a thumbs down. Must have been a Leafs or Flames fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad