Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VII: Hart, Ross & Lindsay Winner | 100 Points In 53 Games!

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
When he adds the Rocket trophy the next ones get harder.
Stanley (hope this year with the Rocket), Lady Byng are doable.
Maybe a gold medal.
Norris will be tougher but achievable (probably easily) if he wants to commit to switching to D.
Don't think Vezina is very likely (though with how fast he can move...)

They need to invent some more.

Reactions: 780il

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We honestly take McDavid for granted sometimes. What a player. We’re so lucky.
Yeah like the guy who was saying that JP was our best forward so far this year. That was in the JP thread on the mains, and I get that we as fans get excited when a guy like JP catches fire. But, McDavid is the best forward on the team. That sometimes get lost because hes been playing this well for years. I even have some issue when people have said that maybe Draisaitl is better. That isnt insulting but it's just not true. Even Draisaitl says it. McDavid is on another level

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Yeah like the guy who was saying that JP was our best forward so far this year. That was in the JP thread on the mains, and I get that we as fans get excited when a guy like JP catches fire. But, McDavid is the best forward on the team. That sometimes get lost because hes been playing this well for years. I even have some issue when people have said that maybe Draisaitl is better. That isnt insulting but it's just not true. Even Draisaitl says it. McDavid is on another level
Exactly, while they may both think the game the same, McDavids physical tools puts him head and shoulders above everyone. So many people forget how important physical tools are too when determining or evaluating how good a player is compared to his peers and how effective they can use those tools.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I think he got really angry over the Toronto Sports channels deciding Matthews was the greatest goal scorer in the world. So he went worked on his shot and decided at trying for the goal scoring title too

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The "How the F did I do that?" face

FDfMXCiUYAMNXHU

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
596 points in 417 games. For comparison, the fastest players to reach 600 points.

1. Wayne Gretzky 274 (22.12.1982)
2. Mario Lemieux 323
3. Peter Stastny 394
4. Mike Bossy 400* (2.11.1982)
5. Jari Kurri 419
6. Eric Lindros 429
7. Sidney Crosby 430

Reactions: Leo360

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
He has increased his shot volume. Now on pace for 66 goals with a very normal sh%. Mainly he has started shooting more on the powerplay.

Thinking he'll score at least 50 goals, but wouldn't be surprised if he hit 60.

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
He has increased his shot volume. Now on pace for 66 goals with a very normal sh%. Mainly he has started shooting more on the powerplay.

Thinking he'll score at least 50 goals, but wouldn't be surprised if he hit 60.

Give him the odd bump up in shooting percentage over the year, he hits 70.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
You know, I was looking at the Oilers All Time Scoring Leaders list, and wanted to see who were at the top, and when I saw McDavid is at #7, I was blown away how fast he's climbing that ladder. To put it in perspective, he's only 28 more points away to beat Ryan Smyth, and he will have done it in LESS THAN HALF of the games Smyth played for us. That's SUPER impressive numbers!

Edmonton Oilers ‑ All‑Time NHL Leaders

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad