Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If the Oilers **** the bed next year as bad as they did this year, I honestly hope they trade him so they don't completely sewer his career. It'd be nice to see him using his moves in the playoffs more than once a decade.

No Thanks :help::help::help::help:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Video compilations like that literally make me laugh out loud and shake my head in disbelief.
McDavid is just so good its ridiculous.
Absolutely ridiculous.

The mind bending part....he isnt even in his prime yet. :nod:

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Video compilations like that literally make me laugh out loud and shake my head in disbelief.
McDavid is just so good its ridiculous.
Absolutely ridiculous.

The mind bending part....he isnt even in his prime yet. :nod:
The acceleration at 3:16 versus Dallas is just stupid. Like it doesn't even look real.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I wonder how many points weve costed McDavid by not having good transitional puck moving D? I did the rough estimate last year and it was about 15 points. For the first 3 years, really the only good ones were Sekera and Klefbom that could move the puck effectively constantly. Luckily for Mcdavid, Nurse is looking to be the best in this area, and if McDavids performance with Nurse continues like it has for the past 2 years, McDavid could be in for a nice point boost

The only thing we need now is a good RHD puck mover so McDavid can recieve passes in stride on his forehand

Reactions: Aerrol

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Remember guys if you're feeling sad just go watch this video and you'll be happy in no time.

I had forgotten about the play at 1:27. That's honestly one of the sickest moves I've seen in the NHL. And it's against Keith too. Still can't believe this kid is an Oiler.

Really hope we're good next year, I want to see Connor bring out his best game in a deep playoff run :)

Some really nice plays by Draisaitl in those highlights as well.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Can't wait to see him in person four months from now. Already my favourite player to watch ever.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Watched the video and it reminds me how good his vision on the ice really is, making passes that on the replay look impossible. He's so routine with it I almost forget how unreal that skill set actually is when it's fully on display.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Watched the video and it reminds me how good his vision on the ice really is, making passes that on the replay look impossible. He's so routine with it I almost forget how unreal that skill set actually is when it's fully on display.
His passing ability and vision is why I think it can be so hard to play with him sometimes. You just don't expect it

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Can't wait to see him in person four months from now. Already my favourite player to watch ever.

McDavid is my second favourite player to watch live all-time. :)

BUt he is the most exciting player I have ever seen live. When he gets going full tilt there is no one in my lifetime who could match him.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
McDavid is my second favourite player to watch live all-time. :)

BUt he is the most exciting player I have ever seen live. When he gets going full tilt there is no one in my lifetime who could match him.

I'm 40, just to give context, and I think he's easily one of the 5 most exciting players I've even seen play. Not one of the 5 BEST, although he might be that as well, but 5 most EXCITING. The things he's capable of doing, at any given moment, is almost hard to believe.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They should have Hall present McDavid with his Ted Lindsay award.

Edit: Also where's the ignore Thread button, that's a hand device.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
26a02302-12b2-4a1e-85a3-441f300ca393.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad