Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

no worries man, as oiler fans we have seen so many shoulder injuries we all cringed extra when he went down. just wanted to add some experience to the convo.

Fair enough. Anyway, I think we all want CMcD back ASAP.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
i have had the misfortune of breaking my collarbones 7x total. The only lingering pain after about 4 weeks is an ache i get when the weather starts to turn cold. there is no ligament or muscle damage and full functioning of the shoulder. Lucky mine were all clean break, if someone were to have a messy break it might be worse but that isnt Mcdavids case.

7 times? Damn! That's crazy... Are you a stuntman or something? haha.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
i have had the misfortune of breaking my collarbones 7x total. The only lingering pain after about 4 weeks is an ache i get when the weather starts to turn cold. there is no ligament or muscle damage and full functioning of the shoulder. Lucky mine were all clean break, if someone were to have a messy break it might be worse but that isnt Mcdavids case.

Wow, did I read this right? You've broken your collarbone 7 times?:amazed: Have you had any other issues with multiple fractures in any of your other bones?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Wow, did I read this right? You've broken your collarbone 7 times?:amazed: Have you had any other issues with multiple fractures in any of your other bones?

one 4 times and the other 3. ive never had any other problems and i dont even have a good story 4 times playing hockey and 3x snowboarding

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Did anybody hear Stauffer say during the ched pre-game that he would be out for another "several more weeks"?

Wtf...that can't be right, can it?

Did you really expect him to be back in December? Mid January is what was projected and he is ahead of that. I say he is out 3 more weeks. Jan 08 vs TB would make his return well ahead of schedule and is exactly 3 weeks from today. After TB game the Oilers will have 41 games remaining which is more than the number McDavid mentioned in his interview.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
How long was "Kane" skating with the team before he actually played?

oilz89*

Great news today. Get to watch Star Wars tonight and find out McD is back soon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
A matter of days now, people, not weeks anymore. We'll see if my Christmas wish comes true in terms of the timeline. Called the comeback around Xmas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad