Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
100% and ready to go. Just waiting for Eichel to have 10 points ahead of him so when Connor beats him in points, there's no excuses.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I guess I'm the only one who thought McDavid should have played for Canada, at the WJR's, as a warm up.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

100% and ready to go. Just waiting for Eichel to have 10 points ahead of him so when Connor beats him in points, there's no excuses.

Obviously you haven't read the Eichel thread in the Sabres/Prospects forum. There is nothing but excuses. No matter what happens, there will be (more) excuses. Eichel apologists have no shame.

oilz89*

Didn't Buffalo try sending Grigorenko to the AHL when he was junior age for conditioning and was rejected by the NHL.

Oh god we're not sending MCDAVID to the AHL lmao. I'm so happy none of you guys are gms :laugh:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Any chance he can come back and chase Panarin?

Panarin has 29 points McDavid 12.

I don't think so. It will Connor some time to get back up to speed.
And I guess Panarin is playing with some kid by the name of Kane.
The award is Panarin's this year. He deserves it too. Damn fine player.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Probably only happens if Panarin (rather Kane) goes stone cold, he gets injured or McDavid produces at 1.5 PPG clip. By the time McDavid is back he'll be at least 20 points back with probably only about 40 games to go.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

If Panarin keeps up his current pace, Mcdavid would need to play at almost a 1.2 PPG pace to reach the same amount of points for the rest of the season. (Assuming he is back by jan 2)

Mcdavid is good, but I don't know how doable that would be.

Sure would be interesting though.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Maybe they are trying to line up having both McDavid and Yak back for the same game.

Anyone who has ever had shoulder issues will tell you it takes a long time to heal, it affects everything you do (sleeping on either side is AWFUL and if you do get to sleep, it doesn't last long), and it can linger - you think it's better and then it rears its ugly head, again.

Even at 18, with the Oilers winning, there is no upside to rushing him. To hell with the Calder, we all know who the best rookie is.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Anyone who has ever had shoulder issues will tell you it takes a long time to heal, it affects everything you do (sleeping on either side is AWFUL and if you do get to sleep, it doesn't last long), and it can linger - you think it's better and then it rears its ugly head, again.

Even at 18, with the Oilers winning, there is no upside to rushing him. To hell with the Calder, we all know who the best rookie is.

He didn't hurt his shoulder though.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'm not sure about that, I've never broken my collarbone but all the people I talk to that have basically say it feels as good as new once it's healed. I don't think you can re-aggravate a broken collarbone.

Fair enough. I'm not a doctor but the people I know who have suffered with one have said they had the issues I mentioned above.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Ah.......no, it isn't.:laugh:

Okay. I embarrassed myself. I'm not an MD. But, like I said, everyone I know (all older than Connor McDavid, of course) have suffered with the issues I mentioned with both a Clavicle break and/or shoulder injuries.

Logical McNonsense

Jul 3, 2015
Medicine Hat, AB
Okay. I embarrassed myself. I'm not an MD. But, like I said, everyone I know (all older than Connor McDavid, of course) have suffered with the issues I mentioned with both a Clavicle break and/or shoulder injuries.

I broke my collarbone when I was 16, I'm 19 now and I still feel it sometimes. And sleeping for about 6 weeks after was terrible. Actually everything sucked, simple tasks like putting a t shirt on or cleaning my armpit were the absolute worst. Super painful.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I broke my collarbone when I was 16, I'm 19 now and I still feel it sometimes. And sleeping for about 6 weeks after was terrible. Actually everything sucked, simple tasks like putting a t shirt on or cleaning my armpit were the absolute worst. Super painful.

Thank you for the confirmation post. I was getting roasted in here. :)

I've heard the same thing.

While I've never broken my clavicle, shoulder injuries are similar to what you went thru. Trying to sleep is the worst part of the day.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If Panarin keeps up his current pace, Mcdavid would need to play at almost a 1.2 PPG pace to reach the same amount of points for the rest of the season. (Assuming he is back by jan 2)

Mcdavid is good, but I don't know how doable that would be.

Sure would be interesting though.

Well, if we omit the first 2 games [which were duds and him getting acclimated] and start counting when he got his first goal and ignoring the injured game, he was going at 1.2 ppg:naughty:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

its a collarbone not a shoulder, you can start using the arm within 15 days of the injury. the delay is letting the bone heal and if they reinforced it then waiting for the swelling to go down then start rehab, its not a shoulder injury.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I'm not sure about that, I've never broken my collarbone but all the people I talk to that have basically say it feels as good as new once it's healed. I don't think you can re-aggravate a broken collarbone.

i have had the misfortune of breaking my collarbones 7x total. The only lingering pain after about 4 weeks is an ache i get when the weather starts to turn cold. there is no ligament or muscle damage and full functioning of the shoulder. Lucky mine were all clean break, if someone were to have a messy break it might be worse but that isnt Mcdavids case.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

its a collarbone not a shoulder, you can start using the arm within 15 days of the injury. the delay is letting the bone heal and if they reinforced it then waiting for the swelling to go down then start rehab, its not a shoulder injury.

My bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad