Connor McDavid harassed while out with his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Weird my exact same feelings about Calgary. Place is a dump. Loved it way more a little North at Cochrane place was awesome lived there 8 months. Dreaded the drive into Calgary with the smell.

As a person living in Calgary wanting to leave, this is not a problem I have with the City.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Winner at the end of the day = McDavid

At the end of the day he'll still be rolling around in his millions while these chumps are flipping burgers at 50.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Maroon must be happy he is out of Edmonton after Oiler fans threatened his wife and family on Twitter. Doing that to Mcdavid is down right embarrassing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
he should terminate his contract with the Oil and sign a team friendly deal with the Rangers while they pay him money and services under the table

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I’d like to know why multi millionaire Connor McDavid takes his parents out to the same kind of restaurant dip shit teenagers without supervision go to. Don’t they have nice restaurants in Edmonton?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like to know why multi millionaire Connor McDavid takes his parents out to the same kind of restaurant dip **** teenagers without supervision go to. Don’t they have nice restaurants in Edmonton?

Because regular people want to go to a simple place sometimes?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d like to know why multi millionaire Connor McDavid takes his parents out to the same kind of restaurant dip **** teenagers without supervision go to. Don’t they have nice restaurants in Edmonton?

He needs to save his money for when he signs for cheap in Toronto once his contract is done

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Lol whats the outrage? That was barely anything idk why Oilers fans are mad about it Lmao

it just pisses me off. What if someone was harassing Gudreau and his parents? It's annyoing.

for me personally I want McDavid and his family to enjoy it here in Edmonton and I want them treated with respect. Their son does alot for this city and has been a good solider for the Oilers.

Hockey in Edmonton is bigger then it normally is in other places, the team is really important to the city and we dont want to see our franchise player and his family made to feel uncomfortable for immature childish reasons

it's a nice restaurant with great staff and good food. Where do you think he should take them? Ruth's Chris or something? That's right downtown maybe they wanted to go somewhere a little less busy

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
What kinda of flawed logic is this?

So because your a millionaire you shouldnt step foot in same restaurants as us commoners?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Those are not fans they are immature children trying to act cool.

We would kill to have Mcdavid on our team in Winnipeg.

Same logic applies to the Vancouver 'fans' that rioted in 2011. But that didn't stop people on here from trashing our fans.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
No way for celebrities to win. He's being humble, getting dinner with his parents and not blowing money on frivolous things, and people find a way to criticize him for that.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
McDavid loves it there. He loves the losing. He loves the climate. He loves the culture. This all makes alot more sense now that you've turned me around on that. What the hell was I thinking?

This is pretty stupid, and it’s something far too many fans are guilty of; assuming what someone else likes or doesn’t like based on your own feelings. Someone you don’t even known too.

People make the same assumptions about places like Florida because of the weather, while there are a ton of people like me who likes the cold. So if I were an NHL player of note fans on boards like this would assume wrong about where I’d want to play.

Same deal with McDavid, for all anyone knows he loves Edmonton, might be just the right climate for him. Might be he also finds it’s the perfect balance of privacy and celebrity for him too.

Most players would rather play elsewhere. Same goes for the rest of the Canadian cities (including Toronto) with the exception of Vancouver.

Your spreading fake news with this, and are just as lost as the poster you’re addressing. You state things as if they were facts, these are not facts.

Right, like when Kessel couldn't wait to get out of Toronto, because there were no nice things in Toronto.

Kessel re-upped for 8 years, Toronto is a world class city, Edmonton isn’t Toronto. But with Kessel, just as with McDavid, we don’t know them personally and can’t speak to whatever factors motivated them to stay with their organizations.

Perhaps the knocks that some derpy fans use to attack these markets (Media in Toronto for example) are so far down the list of importance to these players that they hardly register with them on how they themselves feel about the City/Fans/Team.

Seems like these knocks are always being brought up by outsiders.

Couple people from the sounds of it aren't even Oiler fans make an idiotic comment and it invokes this commentary.

Maybe they were Oilers fans, doesn’t matter, it’s a non-issue that gets airplay because hockey matters in Canada. It’s then used as a tool to attack the team/fans/city by people who are either jelly or looking to troll for the fun of it.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
He's used to Brad Marchand and Matt Tkachuk, you think he gives two shits about being heckled by some high school kids?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It was outside of the restaurant as they were leaving...

I get that....I was responding to the question of why McDavid is eating there....he’s a regular guy going out to dinner at a normal restaurant. He shouldn’t have to eat at steakhouses and French restaurants to sift out unsavory clientele. He should just be able to go out to any old place and not get harassed by a bunch of donkeys. Agree that what was said was minimal, but he’s not working....shows no class to bug him in his private time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad