Connor McDavid harassed while out with his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
but once you get drafted / play somewhere for a while and become friends with your teammates you become attached to the city.

Do you think McDavid wanted to live with billets in Eerie either? It's part of being a professional athlete.

Yes but dont pretend like players dont demand to be traded all the time.

Mcdavid is a generational talent and highly doubt he will allow his legacy to be tarnished ( which it would if Edmonton keeps being edmonton)

Oiler fans would have to be dellusional to think Mcdavid will put up with this losing and organizational incompetence for the whole term of his contract.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I bet deep down McDavid doesn't even want to be part of Edmonton (truly am sorry Oilers fans) but will not admit it because he doesn't want to be hated, which I give him a ton of credit for. Why are people in Edmonton doing this to him? That's so not cool to do.

But on the other hand, if it's Evander Kane in Winnipeg, that's the only reason to heckle a player; Oiler fans would say Chris Pronger.

For sure, makes sense. That's why he signed for 5 years to get the fastest route to UFA...oh wait.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Hated it in Edmonton. People were fine byt living in Edmonton is as advertised.

Liked it waay more North of Edmonton.. St Albert/ Westlock/Athabasca area

To each their own, I travel all over Alberta for work. I think its one of the most beautiful provinces in the country. I'm more of a big city guy as opposed to a little town guy though personally. I love the river valley in Edmonton, it's beautiful. It really depends where you are - south of the river is where it's at

and honestly St Albert and Edmonton are basically exactly the same - and should probably be considered the same city IMO.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'll never understand how the little Oiler bashers like yourself continue to forget about Arizona. No one wants to go there, their fans dont goto games, the luxury suites are barely used 41 games a year.

LOL pathetic.

Arizona is pretty nice. At least in parts. Scottsdale is nice

Haven't been to edm so I have no idea

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Yes but dont pretend like players dont demand to be traded all the time.

Mcdavid is a generational talent and highly doubt he will allow his legacy to be tarnished ( which it would if Edmonton keeps being edmonton)

Oiler fans would have to be dellusional to think Mcdavid will put up with this losing and organizational incompetence for the whole term of his contract.

When was the last time a player demanded to be traded?

Honestly I can't remember can you remind me?

The last thing I can remember is Ryan Smyth REQUESTING a trade TO Edmonton

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I'll never understand how the little Oiler bashers like yourself continue to forget about Arizona. No one wants to go there, their fans dont goto games, the luxury suites are barely used 41 games a year.

LOL pathetic.

Say what you will about Zona and im sure its much deserved but theyve made the playoffs 3x in the.last decade and have made a conference finals.

They also didnt force the NHL to change its draft lottert system because of their franchise incompetence. Edmonton did

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Arizona is pretty nice. At least in parts. Scottsdale is nice

Haven't been to edm so I have no idea

Well yeah, golf year round. beautiful weather year round. I'm not saying Phoenix Arizona and area is a ****hole. I'm saying the team is. Should have been relocated years ago.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Say what you will about Zona and im sure its much deserved but theyve made the playoffs 3x in the.last decade and have made a conference finals.

They also didnt force the NHL to change its draft lottert system because of their franchise incompetence. Edmonton did

the NHL changing it's draft lottery system is the only reason the Oilers got all those 1st overall picks

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Not sure what compelled these kids to put this on the internet. They look and sound so stupid and pathetic.

Couldn't imagine the kind of stuff we would see if d-bags started recording their interactions with players in bars/clubs.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
When was the last time a player demanded to be traded?

Honestly I can't remember can you remind me?

The last thing I can remember is Ryan Smyth REQUESTING a trade TO Edmonton

Kesler wanted out of Van

Drouin wanted out of Tbay

Jack Johnson wants out of CBJ

Duchene wanted out of Col

It happens all the time. And those are just the ones made public. Im sure there are plenty more behind the scenes

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Well yeah, golf year round. beautiful weather year round. I'm not saying Phoenix Arizona and area is a ****hole. I'm saying the team is. Should have been relocated years ago.

Oh. Well. Yeah lol. File that under "things we all knew 4 years ago for $2000 Alex."

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is going about as expected.

Couple people from the sounds of it aren't even Oiler fans make an idiotic comment and it invokes this commentary.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be honest that's pretty mild for "trash talk", lol "win some more games". Like oooh. So hard hitting. Still those guys better hope their identity doesn't get leaked because they are dead men in Edmonton if so.

McDavid is generally worshipped like a god in Edmonton, this is not at all indicative of how he gets treated there at all. He could literally probably run some one over and it would be given a pass, or snap his figure and have 30 young women willing to do anything he pleased any time he wanted.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

LOL pathetic.

They don't have money to spend and no one in Arizona knows they exist. I'm sure McDavid wouldn't mind some anonymity from one of the most inept organizations in the NHL. And if Arizona is gonna be your retort then I think you've already lost.

I'm not even bashing Edmonton. Just McDavids short sighted decision

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They don't have money to spend and no one in Arizona knows they exist. I'm sure McDavid wouldn't mind some anonymity from one of the most inept organizations in the NHL. And if Arizona is gonna be your retort then I think you've already lost.

He's treated like a god in Edmonton, don't get it twisted because three morons said "you need to win more games" (I'm sure that cut deep).

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
OTHER posters were speculating on whether McD is "enjoying" Edmonton or not.

It seemed to me that it's ludicrously obvious why McD would not like it there and I gave the supporting reasons why.

As much as it may offend your "sensitivities", I don;t think we have to speculate too much about it and i'm entitled to my opinion that it's silly to even question if he likes being there or not.

Why the heck would he like being there? This is me being "lazy"? You make no sense. You're delusional.

Saying Edmonton has no nice things is the laziest opinion. You’re entitled to your opinion, sure, but saying a blanket statement like that is lazy.

I’m not delusional for pointing that out. Like I said, get the f*** out with that nonsense.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

what would that be?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Hated it in Edmonton. People were fine byt living in Edmonton is as advertised.

Liked it waay more North of Edmonton.. St Albert/ Westlock/Athabasca area
Weird my exact same feelings about Calgary. Place is a dump. Loved it way more a little North at Cochrane place was awesome lived there 8 months. Dreaded the drive into Calgary with the smell.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Weird my exact same feelings about Calgary. Place is a dump. Loved it way more a little North at Cochrane place was awesome lived there 8 months. Dreaded the drive into Calgary with the smell.

Calgary is beautiful too, I dont get this. The rocky mountains are RIGHT THERE, their downtown is beautiful, the stampede grounds are gorgeous.

Great city they have down there in Calgary

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The Oilers made it further into the playoffs than the Leafs

Yeah and this year they are competing for a top draft pick again... does one after over a decade really mean anything if you don't do it again? No, I know from experience. If you want to hang your hat on last year go ahead, this team has issues that need to be sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad