I can't even handle some of these photos... lmao

connor-mcdavid-danny-stewart-03.jpg

When he realizes that Jerabek is still on the roster:
connor-mcdavid-danny-stewart-05-02.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One thing I dislike about photographers is they make you take these weird poses that you would never do in real life and so that you're left wondering how anybody got you to take that pose..

"Vogue" no, not vogue, not ever vogue....;)

The only time I ever cooperated in monkey shots was in our wedding photos.. ;)

Reactions: VainGretzky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Idiotic journalism;

Q Why did you pick the number 97.

A Because I was born that year.

Seriously, what kind of unprepared, or stupid journalist asks that question? Is it not obvious? Talk about an unprepared interview.

The only more idiotic question would be what sport are you good at...pfffffttt

glendroid

Mar 17, 2009
Idiotic journalism;

Seriously, what kind of unprepared, or stupid journalist asks that question? Is it not obvious? Talk about an unprepared interview.

Probably has never watched a sport in his life.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Idiotic journalism;

Or, you know, they know their audience isn't hardcore hockey fans.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Or, you know, they know their audience isn't hardcore hockey fans.

They can still research adequately. As in who is Eddie Purcell? That's just bad journalism, doesn't matter who you write for. Its a troll piece. The author is basically hiliting how meaningless the article was to him. Didn't even do a modicum of fact checking. Inexcusable gunk when online facts are had in an instant. Proofchecking is dead too evidently...

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They can still research adequately. As in who is Eddie Purcell? That's just bad journalism, doesn't matter who you write for. Its a troll piece. The author is basically hiliting how meaningless the article was to him. Didn't even do a modicum of fact checking. Inexcusable gunk when online facts are had in an instant. Proofchecking is dead too evidently...

I expect he asked the question for the benefit of the audience and not because he didn't know himself.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I expect he asked the question for the benefit of the audience and not because he didn't know himself.

yeah, I can see how he wrote "Eddie Purcell" for the benefit of his audience.. totally makes sense..

you're giving the author blanket benefit f doubt when in fact he asked "why the number' in the context of a young McD playing players 5 yrs older. How he didn't put two and two together, even, is hilarious.

A better segue, obviously, would be; "Thus your #97 to advertise to everybody how young you are. "

That would be competent phrasing and lead to better dialog than McD deadpanning. "That's the year I was born" and probably wondering if he's speaking to an idiot or the readers wondering that.

Reactions: The Nuge

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Connor McDavid Is Done Being Chirped At

I can't even handle some of these photos... lmao

connor-mcdavid-danny-stewart-03.jpg

When he realizes that Jerabek is still on the roster:
connor-mcdavid-danny-stewart-05-02.jpg

How miserable was the town of Edmonton during a losing season last that?
It was awful. It was terrible. It was miserable around town. I remember everyone just chirping at you all the time. I was at dinner one time with my parents, and I was walking out and guys were chirping me. They’re passionate people and passionate fans. When you’re winning, you’re a hero in this city, and when you’re losing they want to run you right out of it. They’re just passionate, and you have to be able to understand that.

As much as it angers me to see the media point this out, I love his answer. They are just passionate. He never said it's a bad place. But he understands why it's miserable. He is the best role model for canadian cities with hockey clubs IMO. I think players need to grow a back bone like McDavid has done. :clap::clap:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
yeah, I can see how he wrote "Eddie Purcell" for the benefit of his audience.. totally makes sense..

I wasn't talking about an obvious typo.

you're giving the author blanket benefit f doubt when in fact he asked "why the number' in the context of a young McD playing players 5 yrs older. How he didn't put two and two together, even, is hilarious.

It's pretty clear that it was a way to get the subject to tell the story instead of editorializing.

A better segue, obviously, would be; "Thus your #97 to advertise to everybody how young you are.

That would be competent phrasing and lead to better dialog than McD deadpanning. "That's the year I was born" and probably wondering if he's speaking to an idiot or the readers wondering that

Whatever, stay mad.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Idiotic journalism;

I would have wished he said because i am not quite as good as 99.

Come on Connor, show us some personality.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Shouldn't have checked these at work. Hard to hide the McErection

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wasn't talking about an obvious typo.

It's pretty clear that it was a way to get the subject to tell the story instead of editorializing.

Whatever, stay mad.

Not mad. just amused.

Now tell me how Purcell's last name is spelled. Its not a typo. Am I giving you too much credit?

hint; Teddy

How is Eddie "pretty clearly" a typo? lmao

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
That was a terrible interview in the sense that the interviewer knows not a damn thing about hockey.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
It's sad that he remembers those losers chirping him at the restaurant when he was with his parents its such a low brow thing to do on its own. Add onto that do these losers actually think saying shit to the best player in the world that you are lucky enough to see suit up for your home town team has any sort of of positive benefit in anyway other than you getting to look like a loud piece of shit infront of your friends?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Why does he look like he's shampooing his hair while someone is asking him a question.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Lol not even GQ can make this kid look human and less awkward. Watching him on those nhl puck personality videos confirms the creeper vibes

He only acts awkward and uncomfortable when placed in awkward situations. Pretty normal response.

He's not a blowhard like your typical American so maybe that's why he seems reserved to you.

Reactions: snipes

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
One thing I dislike about photographers is they make you take these weird poses that you would never do in real life and so that you're left wondering how anybody got you to take that pose..

"Vogue" no, not vogue, not ever vogue....;)

The only time I ever cooperated in monkey shots was in our wedding photos.. ;)

You mean to tell me with all your posts, you've never once stood thoughtfully with your chin on your knuckles beforehand? The horizon has all the answers.

I also do the hair in the hands pose in the mirror after a shower as I try to imagine what it would look like if it didn't start receding by the temples at 34. Not much improvement to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad