News Article: Connor in GQ Magazine

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
He only acts awkward and uncomfortable when placed in awkward situations. Pretty normal response.

He's not a blowhard like your typical American so maybe that's why he seems reserved to you.

I don't know I've heard firsthand from people who've hung out with him in a casual setting. They say he's like Michael Cera, but without any of the charm. He mostly just blurts things out, and does that whole bouncing the knee thing all the time.

Also I just made that up. He doesn't bounce his knee all the time. Just some of the time.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You mean to tell me with all your posts, you've never once stood thoughtfully with your chin on your knuckles beforehand? The horizon has all the answers.

I also do the hair in the hands pose in the mirror after a shower as I try to imagine what it would look like if it didn't start receding by the temples at 34. Not much improvement to be honest.

You need the Dallas Eakins' hair treatment plan.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't know I've heard firsthand from people who've hung out with him in a casual setting. They say he's like Michael Cera, but without any of the charm. He mostly just blurts things out, and does that whole bouncing the knee thing all the time.

Also I just made that up. He doesn't bounce his knee all the time. Just some of the time.

Dude, I bounce my knee all the time. It's a bad habit, at least culturally speaking from an Asian perspective.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
You need the Dallas Eakins' hair treatment plan.

I've looked into it, it's always the tradeoff between luscious locks and the side effects of uncontrollable needs to cycle, and an insatiable hunger for lettuce, but mostly sprouts. On the Eakins plan you need over 3L of alfalfa sprouts a day.
Miss a day you go bald, get it wet you turn to a Gremlin. It's why Taylor Hall was expendable, he almost Gremlin'd his coach.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Dude, I bounce my knee all the time. It's a bad habit, at least culturally speaking from an Asian perspective.

Or perhaps it's the key to explosive skating speed, you can pass that on to your spawn. Suddenly you're like the Staal family but with McDavid speed. I'm now the agent of them all. 10% cut, triplets 15%.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've looked into it, it's always the tradeoff between luscious locks and the side effects of uncontrollable needs to cycle, and an insatiable hunger for lettuce, but mostly sprouts. On the Eakins plan you need over 3L of alfalfa sprouts a day.
Miss a day you go bald, get it wet you turn to a Gremlin. It's why Taylor Hall was expendable, he almost Gremlin'd his coach.

Sounds like it's worth it. Being a Gremlin has its benefits. I mean, you'd be the star of your own self-titled movie series.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Or perhaps it's the key to explosive skating speed, you can pass that on to your spawn. Suddenly you're like the Staal family but with McDavid speed. I'm now the agent of them all. 10% cut, triplets 15%.

They actually have 4 hockey playing siblings. Just that the 4th is kind of like William Baldwin.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
As much as it angers me to see the media point this out, I love his answer. They are just passionate. He never said it's a bad place. But he understands why it's miserable. He is the best role model for canadian cities with hockey clubs IMO. I think players need to grow a back bone like McDavid has done. :clap::clap:

I read it as him being diplomatic (as always). His first words to the question were "awful", "terrible", "miserable" and that "everyone" is chirping you. Then he tacks on the usual passionate fans line that we've heard countless players who play in Canadian markets say. Not saying that these aren't his true feelings but add that to similar words former players have used and I'm thinking this weighs on a lot of players.

We are supposed to create an environment that should attract talent to come play here. It's already hard enough with our climate and decade of suck.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
He only acts awkward and uncomfortable when placed in awkward situations. Pretty normal response.

He's not a blowhard like your typical American so maybe that's why he seems reserved to you.
Damn I had no idea a simple smile and thoughtful responses were "blowhard" my b. Just saying I wouldnt wanna be alone in a room with him.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Damn I had no idea a simple smile and thoughtful responses were "blowhard" my b. Just saying I wouldnt wanna be alone in a room with him.

Wow, this is quite the comment, lol. Considering you don't know the person AT ALL, and have no idea what you are talking about, its an interesting thing to say. Everybody in the media, and the hockey world in general, says he is a consummate professional and an exceptionally respectful young man. But I guess you know more than these people who work with him every day. Jesus, what a terrible, ridiculous, comment.

Reactions: TB12

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Wow, this is quite the comment, lol. Considering you don't know the person AT ALL, and have no idea what you are talking about, its an interesting thing to say. Everybody in the media, and the hockey world in general, says he is a consummate professional and an exceptionally respectful young man. But I guess you know more than these people who work with him every day. Jesus, what a terrible, ridiculous, comment.
Sorry. I also become wildly defensive over my crushes too lol

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
It really pisses me off that those imported NBA watching goofballs chirped the best player in the league, giving Edmonton fans a bad rep. I hope they got fixed

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Iwas really expecting the interviewer to ask why he carries a stick on the ice after reading some of those questions

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
This post would give any board a bad rep.
I get what he’s saying, though. Those kids weren’t raised on hockey. They have no respect. But there’s a dozen or so posters on here who probably were, and they loved to troll Hall, Eberle, Schultz, Dubnyk, and whoever else was singularly in their crosshairs at the moment. Vicious, disgusting, non-stop bile that was far worse than a single chirp in person. So is a notable portion of the fanbase exceptionally low-class, towards the players, when the team is losing? Absolutely. So I think portions of this board give the whole a bad rep.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Isles fan coming in peace. Took a look at the thread on the main boards regarding this and man, you guys are taking a beating. Ton of idiots and morons here on HF boards. Looks like a bunch of kids just trying to piss people off, I don't get it.
Hoping for you guys McD is an Oil lifer.

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Are you saying kids raised in/on other sports have no respect?

It's not something intrinsic to hockey and is prevalent in other sports (including Basketball) too, you know.
No, quite the opposite. Kids raised on baseball wouldn’t shit talk baseball’s greatest star in his own town. Same for basketball or football.
It’s easy for stupid kids with no appreciation or understanding of a sport to shit talk a star player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->