Post-Game Talk: Connor Crushes California: Seks, Drakes and Rock n Roll, and also Baby Cucumbers

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
yeah they really have.... the entire *feel* of this team is different.... kassian will likely be looking for a bit of a raise (will get 10% no matter what as RFA i believe), and i really hope we sign him for 2-3 years... hopefully he shows some loyalty to the team that gave him the one last chance he needed to get his career back on track, and the mcdavid factor will hopefully help some as well

I have a pretty good feeling that he might want to stick around for a bit. The team is a pretty big part of his support system.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Wait, WHAT? lol. What madness is this? I'm now angry at myself for going to sleep too soon last night and missing this epicness.
I guess HFOil spontaneously combusted due to all the winning :laugh:

Reading the first few pages err, pages 15-22 had me sptting out my coffee this morning. Such a gongshow thread and I love every bit of it.

One of the other globals accidentally clicked on the ducks thread when he was merging all the PGT that got created last night.

yeah they really have.... the entire *feel* of this team is different.... kassian will likely be looking for a bit of a raise (will get 10% no matter what as RFA i believe), and i really hope we sign him for 2-3 years... hopefully he shows some loyalty to the team that gave him the one last chance he needed to get his career back on track, and the mcdavid factor will hopefully help some as well

I'm hoping we can get him for under 2 million. He's an RFA and I really think he'd rather term than AAV. If we could do something like 4 years, 7 million, I would. He's earned some security imo. The nice part about Kassian's past is he's pretty much auto exempt from expansion. You don't take a player with substance abuse problems and send them to Vegas.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I couldn't post last night because of all the PGT madness and because I was exausted... but, I'm such a happy Oiler fan right now, and I'm glad you are all here to share my excitement... because people in real life aren't as crazy obsessed about the team as I am.

Thanks HfOil - this is an amazing ride this year... Hard to comprehend where in the standings we're sitting at the end of January.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I was only expecting a small improvement this year.. maybe jumping up a few spots and finishing around 20-25 in the league. But TOP TEN at the Allstar break? Its like a dream and I'm afraid to wake up.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well the Oilers won and the Leafs lost, let's see what the sports networks in this country do this morning.

Yesterday they fondled the Leafs for 5-6 minutes off the top (talking about how they have players in the running for the Calder, Vezina, and Selke) and then blew through the Oilers highlights.

At least CBS sport with Ferrall On The Bench was talking about the Oilers . I been listening to that show for a few years and it is the first time he talked about the Oilers

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Hard to think of a comparable player. Pretty amazing he's holding down the 3rd line center spot on a good team right out of college.

I always get reminded of Todd Marchant when I see him play... don't know if it's accurate or not though.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
They have no shame or self-respect.

If they had an ounce of self-awareness and respect, they'd close the "Oilers are No Good" thread.

I just noticed they also have a "Vancouver is no good" thread. They should close both of them, and start a "Calgary is no good" thread. Bunch of losers. :laugh:

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
At least CBS sport with Ferrall On The Bench was talking about the Oilers . I been listening to that show for a few years and it is the first time he talked about the Oilers

Saw a few tweets from Craig Simpson and Dreger talking about how well the Oilers were playing. There were a few others too.

It only took the Oilers sweeping the Ducks/Sharks for the media to finally notice that we're a good team.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Wait, WHAT? lol. What madness is this? I'm now angry at myself for going to sleep too soon last night and missing this epicness.
I guess HFOil spontaneously combusted due to all the winning :laugh:

Reading the first few pages err, pages 15-22 had me sptting out my coffee this morning. Such a gongshow thread and I love every bit of it.

Man, it was awesome. There were 9, or 10 PGTs at one point last night. :laugh:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
14c0d81b-1936-4f5a-a6a4-711b8e3444b2_zpsl55hgwgj.png

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just noticed they also have a "Vancouver is no good" thread. They should close both of them, and start a "Calgary is no good" thread. Bunch of losers. :laugh:

They are explaining how the Oilers are no good and how that works even if they are better than the Flames. :shakehead

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For the first time in a long time, I don't give a crap about the All-Star game. I want it to get over with so I can watch more Oiler hockey. Before, it would be a little distraction, and a little break from hating the Oilers. :laugh:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
For the first time in a long time, I don't give a crap about the All-Star game. I want it to get over with so I can watch more Oiler hockey. Before, it would be a little distraction, and a little break from hating the Oilers. :laugh:

Momentum is building amongst our fan base and team.

A dominant Oilers team is good for the NHL.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto

So true. I want it to be next week already...

Wow, there was a point in the Eakins era where I stopped watching games at the end of January...

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I only checked it out for the first time like a week ago. Saw they had a 150 page thread about how edmonton sucked. Never seen such an insecure group of fans.

I was there for the game last Saturday and you should have seen their performance that night.

Apparently all of Calgary's ills can be blamed on Edmonton.

Rogers Place? Apparently Calgary money built that.

Provincial government? Edmonton's fault.

Oilers kick their ass? Well that's because the league "gifted" us McDavid.

This wasn't just one person, this was a solid evening of hearing this BS from multiple people. I loved watching them squirm. Such small people.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I was there for the game last Saturday and you should have seen their performance that night.

This wasn't just one person, this was a solid evening of hearing this BS from multiple people. I loved watching them squirm. Such small people.

There's a complex in all of their heads.

My Cousin's now wife is from Calgary, and the first time I met her she had to tell me that she was a Flames fan, and that the Oilers sucked right off the bat. All she'd talk about the entire time was about how much Edmonton sucked, and how much better Calgary was.

Like, uh, okay. Nice to meet you, I guess.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Going forward, I think well see Brossoit or a new back up get more starts. Weve built up a large cushion and now we should look to shift sights to planning for playoffs.. If you play Talbot for 70+ games hes going to be gassed come playoffs.

My plan would be to continue to ride him in the short future as you cant stop playing a hot goalie. Maybe 2/3 more games of this. After that id start to bring LB into the mix and give him a start 1 in every 3 games to start giving Talbot rest. Well probably not win as many games and probably takes us out of picture for the pacific title, but long term its best option. Well have a rested Talbot for playoffs which could be huge

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Going forward, I think well see Brossoit or a new back up get more starts. Weve built up a large cushion and now we should look to shift sights to planning for playoffs.. If you play Talbot for 70+ games hes going to be gassed come playoffs.

My plan would be to continue to ride him in the short future as you cant stop playing a hot goalie. Maybe 2/3 more games of this. After that id start to bring LB into the mix and give him a start 1 in every 3 games to start giving Talbot rest. Well probably not win as many games and probably takes us out of picture for the pacific title, but long term its best option. Well have a rested Talbot for playoffs which could be huge

I hope we can get a capable, reliable, back up sooner rather than later. No disrespect to LB, but it'd be nice to rely on a known commodity down the stretch to rest Dadbot.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

I think the inferiority complex started with the 80s Oilers and just kind of got worse for them in Calgary since then. TBH I feel no ill will to city of Calgary itself or people there (outside die hard flames fans). I think their jelously stems from a couple of things. First, the Flames were a near dynasty in the 80s, yet even at their very, very best, the Oilers came in with an even better team and won all the cups they probably should have won. Then at a similar time both get average/bad and last that way for a while. Then come to 04, Flames make SCF everything is jollly in Calgary. They probably want all the glory heaped on them, yet a lock out steals the thunder, and then the next year the Oilers make the SCF. So again Edmonton steals the thunder. Then come to 2015- they make playoffs in a miracle season and supposed to get all the praise. But right as playoffs are happening the Oilers win the lotto, and will get McDavid in June. Attention again goes to Edmonton

Its like having a cousin that always one ups you and goes to medical school when you become a nurse. You just start to hate that side of the family due to jealousy

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
There's a complex in all of their heads.

My Cousin's now wife is from Calgary, and the first time I met her she had to tell me that she was a Flames fan, and that the Oilers sucked right off the bat. All she'd talk about the entire time was about how much Edmonton sucked, and how much better Calgary was.

Like, uh, okay. Nice to meet you, I guess.
At the start of the year I was being chirped by my Flames fan neighbors. They won't even make eye contact with me now :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00