Post-Game Talk: Connor Crushes California: Seks, Drakes and Rock n Roll, and also Baby Cucumbers

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Holy crap, this PGT was amazing. I haven't read one front to back in forever.

Too bad I missed the gongshow last night :laugh:

These two in particular really got me:

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE JUST KILLED BOTH THE DUCKS AND THE SHARKS GUYS. WHAT IS GOING ON?! MY BRAIN WON'T PROCESS IT!!

29bgg40.jpg

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
You know I still get goosebumps every once and a while thinking about how we got Connor.....A life changing moment for all of us. Whenever I see guys being critical of a minor flaw in the Oilers game I just think.. what if we hadnt? We are spoiled fans, whether we win or not. We get to watch a generational player every night

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Agree here. Sharks are just so composed and surgical with the puck, tons of patience, perfect passes, great movement.

I think the Oilers would have to be at the top of their game to beat either team in a 7 game series, I just don't think against Anaheim they make it to game 5 without a few guys being injured. I think for sure they'd do some dangerous plays to Edmonton's best players, where as against the Sharks I think they'd just have to be younger and more skilled and hopefully ride Talbot.

I think the Sharks would quite easily dispatch of the Oilers in a 7 game series. You can't count on guys like Burns, Pavelski and Thornton going pointless every game against the Oilers like they did this game. I think Oilers match up much better against Anaheim, because they're an older team out of their prime and just doesn't seem to have the capability to dominate anymore. It would still be a really tough and gritty matchup but it's one where I think the Oilers skill could win out, especially if they get the great goaltending we've seen in the regular season out of Talbot. But I bet it'd go down to 6 or 7 games for sure. Sharks could probably school the Oilers once they turn it on come playoff time.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
There's a complex in all of their heads.

My Cousin's now wife is from Calgary, and the first time I met her she had to tell me that she was a Flames fan, and that the Oilers sucked right off the bat. All she'd talk about the entire time was about how much Edmonton sucked, and how much better Calgary was.

Like, uh, okay. Nice to meet you, I guess.

lol

I lived in CGY for 4 years in the 2000's and was surprised to hear all the animosity and "Edmonton jokes" from the 80's. Dad jokes, CFL jokes, and just base insults. Something like true hatred is deep inside of their psyche...
Honestly by the 90's I never heard that kind of stuff in reverse in Edmonton. If anything a lot of people had friends or family move to Calgary and had visited often and basically it's just another Alberta/Canadian city, but in Calgary they legit have the hate on for Edmonton. Jealous and insecure much? Or maybe just deep scars from the dynasty?

Haters gonna hate right.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Holy crap, this PGT was amazing. I haven't read one front to back in forever.

Too bad I missed the gongshow last night :laugh:

These two in particular really got me:

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE JUST KILLED BOTH THE DUCKS AND THE SHARKS GUYS. WHAT IS GOING ON?! MY BRAIN WON'T PROCESS IT!!

Apparently TSN can't believe it either. According to their site we are still playing Anaheim, it's 3-0. Did we break the internets?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/team/edmonton-oilers/

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
You know I still get goosebumps every once and a while thinking about how we got Connor.....A life changing moment for all of us. Whenever I see guys being critical of a minor flaw in the Oilers game I just think.. what if we hadnt? We are spoiled fans, whether we win or not. We get to watch a generational player every night

Fun fact. I was taking a nap during the draft lottery. I found out 20 mins later when I woke up from thescore app notification on my phone. Easy to think I was still in a dream. Lol. :naughty:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Fun fact. I was taking a nap during the draft lottery. I found out 20 mins later when I woke up from thescore app notification on my phone. Easy to think I was still in a dream. Lol. :naughty:

I text my dad as soon as we won "Dad! We won McDavid!" And his instant reply was "Son, you do not joke about things like that."

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Benning was the main one responsible for the first goal against, but he and the rest of the Oilers picked it up in the second period and capitalized on their chances through to the end. Lucic had a good rush with speed that resulted in a SOG, and at least one good cycle in the offensive zone. For the second game in a row, Talbot was fairly busy and displayed very good pad work. McDavid and Draisaitl played well again defensively and offensively. Sekera has the best offensive instincts from amongst Oiler defenseman and really capitalized on them on Thursday with his two goals. Sometimes it's just as simple as getting a run-of-the-mill shot on net from long range. The Oilers powerplay is looking good at this point.

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015

So true.. but we always want more. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad