Connor Brown's worth

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
No, he isn't worth that. I don't think he'll be on the team long-term. He's a good player though and plays a role on this team.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Is Conner Brown worth 2.1 million? Is 12g & 30pts all that 2.1 million buys you nowadays?

Well, when you score 20 goals and 14 goals, 2.1/yr seems fair. He is having a bad year and will probably never duplicate those seasons, but its not outrageously bad.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He’s overpaid compared to what he produces (and the fact that there’s always cheaper depth wingers available). Useful player on the ice though

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm routing for Brown.

Hometown Kid
Late round pick
Great Junior Career
Ridicoulous WJC snub
Solid NHL rookie Season

He clearly wants to be in Toronto. I think he'd give a discount to stay too. I'd like to wait until July 1st and see if he's willing to sign a cheep extension... something like 4 years @1.5AAV. Otherwise, ship himout!

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
You guys complain about Connor Brown all game every game but there are very few players if any I want PK'ing over him in a playoff game when we are only up or down one goal. Like seriously. The things we really need from him aren't things we're going to value to heavily in the middle of the regular season when we play a team like New Jersey. But am I the only one who remembers one of those magnificent full 2 minute PK's against Boston last year in the playoffs where he had one of those infamous LEE STEMPNIAK shifts?

You guys kill me sometimes.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
We have cheaper ELC talent with more speed and skill.

I mean look at Moore... realistically he should be on the lineup. I have a feeling hes going to be like Kappy - Talent found on the fourth line, playing his way up. Undeniably.

Brown started on the first line, and found his way down and down and dowwwn.

Babcocks only warts is not trusting his talented youth and admiring mediocre grunts.

Kap and Johnsson were on the fourth and occasionally sent down for Komorov and Martin.

Brown and Marleau are the last 2 anchors.

Hyman is an awesome bottom 6 guy with a proven Playoff motor.

Youth. Speed. Talent.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
You guys complain about Connor Brown all game every game but there are very few players if any I want PK'ing over him in a playoff game when we are only up or down one goal. Like seriously. The things we really need from him aren't things we're going to value to heavily in the middle of the regular season when we play a team like New Jersey. But am I the only one who remembers one of those magnificent full 2 minute PK's against Boston last year in the playoffs where he had one of those infamous LEE STEMPNIAK shifts?

You guys kill me sometimes.

Didnt you know, every player on the Leafs have to Auston Matthews level good or else they are garbage and shouldn't be on the team

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's probably gone this summer, likely a cap casualty I'd imagine. If not gone this summer then he plays out his contract and he's gone after that for sure.

There are many internal replacements currently developing who bring more to the table.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Didnt you know, every player on the Leafs have to Auston Matthews level good or else they are garbage and shouldn't be on the team

Have you guys ever looked in the game thread during a game? There's this 'Shaner' guy who literally curses at players for being the worst players in the league and telling them to **** off etc over routine plays. It's very uncomfortable.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
We have cheaper ELC talent with more speed and skill.

I mean look at Moore... realistically he should be on the lineup. I have a feeling hes going to be like Kappy - Talent found on the fourth line, playing his way up. Undeniably.

Brown started on the first line, and found his way down and down and dowwwn.

Babcocks only warts is not trusting his talented youth and admiring mediocre grunts.

Kap and Johnsson were on the fourth and occasionally sent down for Komorov and Martin.

Brown and Marleau are the last 2 anchors.

Hyman is an awesome bottom 6 guy with a proven Playoff motor.

Youth. Speed. Talent.

Wrong, Babcock knows exactly how to bring young players along. Its not coincidence that Kapanen, Reilly, Johnsson etc are flourishing under him.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Have you guys ever looked in the game thread during a game? There's this 'Shaner' guy who literally curses at players for being the worst players in the league and telling them to **** off etc over routine plays. It's very uncomfortable.

Its insane, I wonder if people actually think that or do it to get a rise out of people. Its hard to tell.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I like what he brings as a player, but Kapanen had yet to emerge when Brown signed that contract. If the RW depth chart is going to remain as Marner/Nylander/Kapanen/Brown, I can see where there won't be enough cap space and opportunity for it going forward.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Why would anyone do that?

Reactions: Menzinger

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
objectively, yes he's performing to his contract by NHL standards - he's the 220th highest paid forward in the league and tied for 208th in production, he's also shooting half of his career average so double his goals to normalize, should be pacing for 12 goals and about 35pts in heavily defensive usage and PK time.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
NHL.com - Stats

he's paid in line with guys like Radek Faksa, Rielly Sheahan, Tobias Rieder, etc. There's not many guys paid within a few hundred thousand of him who you would say are clearly better imo and lots who are worse

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
He's been a little better as of late. But still remains, by far, the worst forward on this team this season.
GOAT, Ennis, Par, Moore, etc. have all performed better than him.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
objectively, yes he's performing to his contract by NHL standards - he's the 220th highest paid forward in the league and tied for 208th in production, he's also shooting half of his career average so double his goals to normalize, should be pacing for 12 goals and about 35pts in heavily defensive usage and PK time.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
NHL.com - Stats

he's paid in line with guys like Radek Faksa, Rielly Sheahan, Tobias Rieder, etc. There's not many guys paid within a few hundred thousand of him who you would say are clearly better imo and lots who are worse
Faksa is a center and brings more to his game than Brown. They honestly aren't very comparable other than the fact that they are both bottom 6 forwards.

Sheahan is a center as well, but both he and Rieder are underperforming in a big way and have been for a few years. Neither player is worth more than $1.2-1.5. They're both good comparables in that they're all underperforming players though.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Moore does everything Brown can do plus he is faster and more skilled then Brown. The kid got 3pts in 6 games on the 4th line

However I don't think Toronto will be trading Brown this year, unless they go after a defenceman and the other team specifically asks for Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad