Connected to Xbox one live, but cannot play anyone online

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I have to call them back, for a fourth time, and have them escalate it. the NAT shows STRICT again. I am so tired of this. It was my sons birthday on the weekend too and he got FIFA18 (pre order) - i wanted to tell him there's no point but i didnt have the heart lol.
God i miss the simple days of Colecovision.

Thanks to all for suggestions and comments

I personally found single player in EA sports games more enjoyable anyways. Online is just people who find ways to break the games mechanics or find patters of ways to score easily if you know the tricks. Just my $.02

Good luck on getting it fixed.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It is possibly a router issue.

If it's old and the firmware is behind things can go screwy. I know I had a lot of issues like this with Xbox Live party chat until I got a newer router.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
How is the Xbox connected to the internet (follow the wires and list every single object between it and the outside world)?

Run the multiplayer test in settings, then at the end screen do not press A to leave, but press L, R, LB, and RB simultaneously to get a detailed output. What does it say there?

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Volcan/Mikey....Thanks for responding...
the router/modem is brand new thru Rogers - "Hitron" brand.
L,R, LB...tried that many times.

I think it has to be a console issue at this point. If i have time tonight, i will call Xbox again....problem is there is usually a minimum half hour wait, then Im on the phone with them for an hour or so. That being said, i do need to get it resolved. Its actually driving me insane at this point. :rant: / :)

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that your son received a suspension from Xbox Live for being a dick or cheating. Probably not the case, but that is one way to lose multiplayer functions.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I think it has to be a console issue at this point. If i have time tonight, i will call Xbox again....problem is there is usually a minimum half hour wait, then Im on the phone with them for an hour or so. That being said, i do need to get it resolved. Its actually driving me insane at this point. :rant: / :)

Might not be possible but take the Xbox to a friend or neighbors house and isolate the problem. Then you will know if it's the box or your router/modem.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Ok...? Need to know what the output is.

In settings, run the "test multiplayer connection" test, then when you get to the screen that says "Continue" press L, R, LB, and RB at the same time. Then tell us what the screen says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad