NFL: Congrats to the Denver Broncos!

bWo*

Congrats Woof, OilerPensfan97, Hasbro and anyone else I forgot. That D is ****ing amazing. Look forward to beating you guys 70-0 next season :sarcasm:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Denver will still be great on defense. The offense needs an upgrade at O-line and TE plus a vertical threat at WR.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oy! This season. If you just listened to the chatter and never looked at the scores you'd think this was a 4-12.

They sure as hell earned this.

Glad an all time good guy in Wade got a ring, shame his father wasn't around to enjoy it.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Denver was a good team all year. It just wasn't the Peyton show and he's pretty bulletproof so they blamed Kubiak. Kubiak did what he had to do. His scheme is pretty limited when his QB can't push the ball down field so he altered it. I expect Osweiler to put up good numbers next year.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Funny enough, at the end of the night, the Broncos won in all facets of the game even with less than 200 offensive yards. They still had 17 offensive points to the Panthers 10.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Thanks Marc. For once, I can't be pessimistic or overly dramatic... not sure what I'm going to do now.

Was a hell of a season filled with a lot of ups and downs and stress involved. So glad for guys like Peyton, Ware and Mr B though... this Championship was long past due. Wade Phillips too; masterful gameplans throughout the season, it was just wrong to never envision the guy on an NFL sideline again but I don't know if even he expected this.
Grats on a great win! Love the new avatar & glad you ditched the "Fire Gary Kubiak"! :laugh: Yeah, watching that offense was frustrating at times but in the end, Kubiak's coaching style was a big factor in getting this team a Super Bowl win.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Congrats to the Broncos. If the Panthers had to lose to any team, I'm glad it was at least the one Peyton was on so he could go out on top.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
didn't think the broncos would stand a chance, but happy to see them pull it off. that defense is just something else

glad to see peyton finally get ring #2. it would've been awful to see him retire with less rings than his brother

member 51464

Who all is coming back for the Broncos next year? What happened with Osweiler? I feel like he played pretty good in the limited looks I had of him this year.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Or congrats their defence, one would say. Congrats to Woof, OilerPensfan97, Hasbro and all the other Broncos fans around here.

They won close games all year and did it again tonight. Clearly one of the best defences ever. Got just enough offence when they needed it. 1st ring for guys like Wade Phillips and DeMarcus Ware who have been chasing it for awhile. Peyton goes out on top. Job well done.

Congrats Woof, OilerPensfan97, Hasbro and anyone else I forgot. That D is ****ing amazing. Look forward to beating you guys 70-0 next season :sarcasm:

Thanks! It was an incredible game. Really proud of the boys for holding back Carolina so well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Who all is coming back for the Broncos next year? What happened with Osweiler? I feel like he played pretty good in the limited looks I had of him this year.

I think Osweiler and Miller are the only core guys without a deal for next year.

The belief is they will sign Miller to a mega deal and hopefully franchise tag Osweiler until they can get a long term deal done. Or could sign both to long-term deals at the same time, but that seems unlikely.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

I think Osweiler and Miller are the only core guys without a deal for next year.

The belief is they will sign Miller to a mega deal and hopefully franchise tag Osweiler until they can get a long term deal done. Or could sign both to long-term deals at the same time, but that seems unlikely.

Von Miller, Osweiller, Malik Jackson, Antonio Smith, Danny Trevathan, Evan Mathis and Ronnie Hillman are all UFAs.

Brandon Marshall, McManus, CJ Anderson and Bennie Fowler are all RFAs

Manning, Ryan Clady and DeMarcus Ware are potential cuts/retirement.

Von is getting the franchise tag.

I expect Malik to sign elsewhere and probably Trevathan, Elway is content to let guys leave and collect comp picks. Antonio Smith should be a cheap resign and there is a good crop of 3-4 DEs in the draft. Wolfe signed a four year extension before the playoffs.

If he doesn't retire, Ware will either be cut or renegotiated. He did say sitting out during the season left him fresher for the playoffs tha he's ever been. So Platooning him with Shane Ray and Shaq Barret would be the most effective strategy, but it also means a pay cut.

The starting secondary will probably remain the same next year.

I expect Elway to use some of the freed up cash on the O line.

Barring low balls or anything stupid Osweiller should reup here. About five of the teams looking for QBS will take their chances in the first to rounds of the draft. Someone else will take a chance on RG3 and he's not going to find a better football situation than the defending champs.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
didn't think the broncos would stand a chance, but happy to see them pull it off. that defense is just something else

glad to see peyton finally get ring #2. it would've been awful to see him retire with less rings than his brother

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Broncos 2012 Draft:

2 36 Derek Wolfe DE
2 57 Brock Osweiler QB
3 67 Ronnie Hillman RB
4 101 Omar Bolden DB
4 108 Philip Blake C
5 137 Malik Jackson DE
6 188 Danny Trevathan LB

Sports Illustrated gave it a D.:sarcasm:

Two years ago Elway made an offer to Jared Allen who balked at the value and DeMarcus Ware signed here instead.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA

Thanks bWo. May have to make an avatar bet on that one, by the way ;)

Grats on a great win! Love the new avatar & glad you ditched the "Fire Gary Kubiak"! :laugh: Yeah, watching that offense was frustrating at times but in the end, Kubiak's coaching style was a big factor in getting this team a Super Bowl win.

I think I may have been served the biggest plate of crow ever on Kubiak; it wasn't always pretty, but he did know what he was doing and it paid off. The "Fire Gary Kubiak" deserves some love though, that good luck charm led to 5 straight wins ;)

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I was wrong, I thought the Broncos would be the easier opponent for the Panthers. But their corners were able to keep the receivers covered while Ware/Miller feasted on the Panthers excellent offensive line. Manning/the offense didn't do anything outside of literally two plays, but that was completely irrelevant. A GOAT defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad