Congrats to Bobby Ryan

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sakic shoveled his own driveway? That's amazing

Coming from a dry rainless place like LA to Ottawa though? We get 6 months of cold, 2 of extreme cold.

Pfft. Only irritants would be the traffic in bad weather and taking the snow/ice off the car. When you have money, a lot of the 'regular folks' problems disappear. It's not like she would ever have to get up at 5:30 am and rush around to get to work, then rush home to make supper, feed the kids, clean the house, etc, etc.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
The winters aren't that bad anyway, especially if you have a garage and someone to shovel and plow for you, which I assume any NHLer not named Joe Sakic would.

I'd agree that the wife of an NHLer can avoid many of the negatives (especially before the kids come along)... but still, any human who enjoys spending some time outside each day is going to be affected.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
He hurt himself while snowblowing his driveway and missed 3 months. Everyone at the time was kinda bewildered that he didn't just hire someone to do it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/snowblower-accident-sidelines-sakic-for-3-months-1.745664

The issue was sticking his hand in the snowblower.. Not him doing it himself... In my mind. I guess one could get rid of all household chores if you were rich... But why would you really. Many chores are enjoyable to do.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Congtats Bobby Ryan! You made 7 million dollars this year and didnt even score 20 goals! You sir, are a ****ing genius.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Nice to hear that he won't be taking a honeymoon, but he'll get right back to training. He needs it.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Congtats Bobby Ryan! You made 7 million dollars this year and didnt even score 20 goals! You sir, are a ****ing genius.

If you are allowed to round 5,562,500 up to 7,000,000, you should be able to round 18 up to 20.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

No he didn't. This was the last year of his 5.5 million dollar contract. Next year is when he starts making 7 million.

BigBush*

Bobby Ryan won't make 7 million until next year

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad