NHL CONFIRMED - NHL, Turner Sports reach TV deal for games on TNT, TBS

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Really wish Gary Thorne gets the ESPN job.

Not a huge fan of McDonough, used to watch Monday Night Football on mute when he had that job, and I think a lot of people probably felt the same given how quickly they got rid of him

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
One guy who I think has become exceptional in between the glass is Brian Boucher; so I hope he catches on somewhere. As an ex-NHL goalie placed at ice level, he offers insight none of the others can match.

I'm also a huge fan of Daryl Reaugh, who is insightful and entertaining. I'm glad he's still with the Stars, but he deserves more national exposure.

Tappen I'm sure is happy to still be employed, but she must be disappointed. Her love of hockey is palpable.

I like Keith Jones' no-nonsense style, but he's still got his gig with the Flyers.

As for Pierre, I actually like the guy, though I do find his constant blurbs about where players played in college tiresome and often useless. His shtick on American TV is exactly that. I've heard radio interviews with him out if Canada, and he's extremely knowledgeable. He almost sounds like a different person.

Reactions: smithformeragent

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
So it’s December……. Anyone else pretty underwhelmed so far? Feel like I could casually catch a game on NBC or NBCSN pretty regularly. When does ESPN or TNT actually start showing games or advertising/promoting hockey? Or is this just an ESPN+ thing (which I don’t have)? Just me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad