NHL CONFIRMED - NHL, Turner Sports reach TV deal for games on TNT, TBS

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is how TNT chose to market the NHL. Notice anything odd?

upload_2021-4-28_11-49-36-jpeg.427221

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I know it should make me laugh but all it does is irritate me and show me just how goddamn lazy all journalists are today, no matter the field they are covering. I believe/watch/nor listen to any of them anymore.
1. Not all journalists are lazy and 2. This has nothing to do with journalism. Someone in the graphics department screwed up and didn't take an extra few minutes to check if the players were active.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
1. Not all journalists are lazy and 2. This has nothing to do with journalism. Someone in the graphics department screwed up and didn't take an extra few minutes to check if the players were active.

Yes this is more akin to pr departments and marketing depts. putting out copy with grammar and spelling mistakes. Just lazy copyediting. I have emailed my university's public affairs department several times about press releases and other pr stuff with grade school errors in them. It's a university for f***'s sake.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yes this is more akin to pr departments and marketing depts. putting out copy with grammar and spelling mistakes. Just lazy copyediting. I have emailed my university's public affairs department several times about press releases and other pr stuff with grade school errors in them. It's a university for f***'s sake.

I get incredibly embarrassed and upset when I see the amount of typos and grammatical errors that are publicly visible. I don't think I'm being snobbish to expect that people should know the difference between there, their, and they're or our and are. Considering how much of our communication these days is written through text and whatnot, there's really no excuse. It's infuriating.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bang on.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I get incredibly embarrassed and upset when I see the amount of typos and grammatical errors that are publicly visible. I don't think I'm being snobbish to expect that people should know the difference between there, their, and they're or our and are. Considering how much of our communication these days is written through text and whatnot, there's really no excuse. It's infuriating.
People should absolutely know the difference but I think the big issue is the need to be first and the hell with proper use of words and attention to detail.

I hope anyone who will be working on anything related to hockey will be required to learn about it so they can avoid something like this happening again.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I, too, am a grammar nazi. I'm not joking when I say the use of 'could of' should be punishable by death.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Any form of 'Media' is a form of reporting as far as I'm concerned and yes, they were lazy, which is exactly what I said.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Ditto. You may speak for me on this any time.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
People should absolutely know the difference but I think the big issue is the need to be first and the hell with proper use of words and attention to detail.

I hope anyone who will be working on anything related to hockey will be required to learn about it so they can avoid something like this happening again.
Or, just have people who are familiar with the sport deal with it. If there's nobody on staff who kows enough about this stuff, hire someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad