Confirmed with Link: Condon to OTT for a 5th

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I dont recall hearing about that, where were these reports? (not saying they don't exist, curious to read them)

Alot of these would have come from posts by IC. He was pretty confident that Fleury was going to be dealt at the draft actually.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Change your name to StatFan. I'm tired of seeing all these graphs. :sarcasm:

bowling_for_meeps__bad_science_by_perfectblue97.png

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Alot of these would have come from posts by IC. He was pretty confident that Fleury was going to be dealt at the draft actually.

It was more than that, there were several reports at the time, like this one in June:

Flames Calling Penguins About Marc-Andre Fleury: Report

According to a report from Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun, the calls to Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford have begun.

Trading Fleury now is best for everyone involved.

Flames GM Brad Treliving is well aware of the possible fit and, as should be expected from the diligent workhorse, he’s been in contact with (Penguins GM Jim) Rutherford.

http://thehockeywriters.com/calgary-flames-pittsburgh-penguins-marc-andre-fleury/

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
That only confirms that the Flames inquired about Fleury. Nothing about an offer, quick deal or a Pens refusal. I'm sure there were numerous teams that did the same as the Flames.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother going down this road. All the logic and reason in the world will not dissuade many here from the belief that a concrete deal for MAF was in place, it was fair, Fleury either ok'Ed it or Calgary was on his good list, and JR just didn't pull the trigger. The evidence for all that is either vague, questionable, or in some aspects, completely nonexistent, but that doesn't stop people from treating it as reality.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Do yourself a favor and don't bother going down this road. All the logic and reason in the world will not dissuade many here from the belief that a concrete deal for MAF was in place, it was fair, Fleury either ok'Ed it or Calgary was on his good list, and JR just didn't pull the trigger. The evidence for all that is either vague, questionable, or in some aspects, completely nonexistent, but that doesn't stop people from treating it as reality.

Do you think it's logical that Calgary would have preferred MAF over Elliott if the cost to acquire was the same?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Nice shutout for Condon last night. Vancouver is struggling badly to score, but both Wednesday and Thursday they attacked the Canadiens and Senators but just could not finish. Condon played well.

I have been stating for some time now that Condon is a solid goaltender who was thrown completely under the bus for the Habs' collapse last season. I am happy he is going to get a decent chance with Ottawa and happy he went to one of Montreal's rivals, so I can root for him to succeed.

Still happy with a 5th rounder but this deal should work out for both franchises.

And, if I were GM, I'd have gone with Murray-Condon. I understand how complicated it would have been to deal Fleury but I would have done so as soon as I was handed Condon for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad