Confirmed with Link: Condon to OTT for a 5th

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So much for that Fleury trade, eh?

Anyway, good stuff. Flip a waiver wire pick up into a pick.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think his stellar play for the Pens is what sold him to Ottawa. He did not give up a goal while here, did he?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nothing against him but I'm glad he won't be clogging up the pipeline and taking starts away from Jarry.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Murray and Fleury all season long. I mean I can't hate it...if one is hurt, it's pretty great to have the other. But eventually it will have to be dealt with.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Murray and Fleury all season long. I mean I can't hate it...if one is hurt, it's pretty great to have the other. But eventually it will have to be dealt with.

Maybe. I mean if they find a deal everyone agrees to there's nothing saying they can't get a backup in return as part of the deal. Wouldn't be unusual for the other team to need to unload a goalie in that situation anyways.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Very good asset management by JR here. It was going to be difficult to pull something off with Fleury without getting back an expensive backup, so Condon was never really going to be an option to back up Murray (even though I think that could have been a solid tandem).

I don't think this changes much for Fleury. Whenever there is a deal, we will get a backup back...someone we can expose in the expansion draft. If we trade Fleury and receive a UFA goaltender in the deal, we will still need a goaltender to expose in expansion.

Maybe, just maybe, JR has already received confirmation from Fleury that he plans on waiving his NMC for the draft.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Like I pointed out on the main thread, Pens got Simon in the fifth round, so never discount a late pick.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I wonder what made teams change their mind on him. Because apparently not only Ottawa was involved.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I wonder what made teams change their mind on him. Because apparently not only Ottawa was involved.

More goalie injuries in the last 2 weeks probably. LA could have been involved since they had Zatkoff and Budaj before and now just Budaj.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
He just took a guy from the scrap heap who didn't play a single game and flipped him for a potential future asset.

JR is aging like a fine wine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's pretty damn good asset management by JR. Pick up a guy for free, then get a draft pick in return for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad