OT: Concordia student looking for a place to watch games?

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

MacLean's or Peel Pub are usually pretty rowdy, gotta get there around 6-630 to be guaranteed a table though. Irish embassy and mckibbs are fun too.

My personal stomping grounds last season was Bistro St Paris, a bit of a dive and it doesn't get crazy crowded, but very cozy and friendly and everyone is really into the game. Definitely all diehards.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Station des Sports is fine if you don't really care for the food or service and you just want a beer and hang out with a great crowd.

Station des Sports in Laval had some terrible management though. They didn't expect that many people to show up for Wrestlemania 30, so they decided to have a waitress who was on training, serve a few tables. Needless to say the service was REAL SLOW because she's new and was being trained by someone else. After about an hour, they told her to go home...

Service in general at any SDS has been pretty mediocre for me.

Haha, same thing happened for SummerSlam last year at the Sports Stations on Ste Catherine and Fort.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Move in day for me is August 23rd. First day of classes begins on September 2nd. Two weeks with not much to do. Looks like Chez Paree will have a new frequent customer.. :sarcasm:

Don't waste your time. Go to the area around Foufs and hit up a slightly seedier club. Way more bang for your buck. :naughty:

Chez Pare doesn't even have booths for private lap-dances if I remember correctly; you're paying private lap dance prices but you're in a big room with other people and can't do as much. Haven't been there in years so that may have changed though.

Whatever you decide, you should update this thread with your impression. :5:

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Don't waste your time. Go to the area around Foufs and hit up a slightly seedier club. Way more bang for your buck. :naughty:

Chez Pare doesn't even have booths for private lap-dances if I remember correctly; you're paying private lap dance prices but you're in a big room with other people and can't do as much. Haven't been there in years so that may have changed though.

Whatever you decide, you should update this thread with your impression. :5:

How much is that costing at Foufs? Haha (I'm laughing, but also serious :sarcasm:)

Update the thread with my impression? How do you mean? My impression of the school, or of the different bars/restaurants for games?

Also, to everybody who has posted in this thread, much appreciated. I will be trying out a bunch of different places throughout October.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
If Reggies is open then definitly go to Reggies but it's been clsoed for about a year now. There are many places in the area especially on Crescent to watch the game but you can also try **** & Bull or Station des sport on St.Catherine.

Concordia is also walking distance from the Bell Center so if you get there early enough you can watch the game at the Cage au Sport at the Bell Center. Across the street from the Bell there's also the Bier Market which I haven't been to yet but it looks pretty cool.

Although I haven't watched a game there, I just recently went to **** and Bull and was pretty disappointed. I can't imagine a large crowd of Habs fans in there, but I could be wrong. Place was very tiny and extremely crowded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad