OT: Concordia student looking for a place to watch games?

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
So I'm a dual-citizen who has lived in Vermont all of my life. I've watched every single Habs game since I was 13 (which sounds like a lot, but I'm only 18), and I've never really watched games with diehard Habs fans (I only know one around). I'll be a freshman going to the John Molson School of Business at Concordia here in Le Montreal in another month, and was just curious where some of the better spots to watch Habs games with diehards would be. I'd prefer it to be relatively close to Concordia. If anybody could give me some possibilities including roughly how far away it is from Concordia, it would be appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

You my man need to go to REGGIES !

Now ! It is the Concordia student bar that is pretty awesome.

There is also Irish Embassy and McKibbins that are good.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

It's Montreal. ANYWHERE YOU WANT.:laugh:

Honestly, there's a ******** of places. You're downtown man.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Everywhere in downtown where there is a TV and beer is pretty good spot.

pine*

Why not at the Bell Center? HEHEHEHE

Welcome to Montreal, bud.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Move in day for me is August 23rd. First day of classes begins on September 2nd. Two weeks with not much to do. Looks like Chez Paree will have a new frequent customer.. :sarcasm:

When you coming over? If you're here a tiny bit earlier you'll get used to the surroundings.

Truthfully, it's habs city. You're near bars, restaurants, the bell center itself, etc...

They would be foolish to not play the habs.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What if his classes are at Loyola campus? That's in Montreal West. If so, PJ's Pub on St. Jacques is probably the best place.

pine*

What if his classes are at Loyola campus? That's in Montreal West. If so, PJ's Pub on St. Jacques is probably the best place.

He's a JMSB student.

But yeah, you're right, there are others who are sadly probably at Loyola. :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He's a JMSB student.

But yeah, you're right, there are others who are sadly probably at Loyola. :laugh:

Hey, show some respect, whippersnapper! I went to Loyola campus back in the 80s (I was in the Communications program). Yeah, not much of a night-life, but more park space and.... um..... I got to hang out at the old Picasso's restaurant.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

JMSB has their own building now, unless they take some kind of elective, almost all their classes are in that JMSB building. (maybe some still in H, but not from what I saw)
Reggies is good for cheap drinks and they have a bunch of TVs. You can drop into anywhere with a TV and find the game. (Mcdonalds included)

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Make friends with these people in your first week: http://jmsm.ca/

Come say hi to me during Frosh (pm me if you want) and I'll introduce you to a bunch of fellow Habs fans.

Welcome to JMSB and looking forward to meeting you!

---

EDIT: Like people said, Reggies sometimes does game nights, but they are closed until at least December (the terrace will be open during frosh, but the bar is closed).

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
And I'll be going to Dawson, West Island represent :yo:

(Yeah still got to wait half a year before drinking my first beer .... legally :sarcasm:)

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
This should get you started: http://www.mtlblog.com/2013/10/the-5-best-bars-to-drink-and-watch-habs-games-in-montreal/

Although I disagree with the inclusion of "Station des Sports". I think that place is a dump with questionable business practices and I wouldn't be caught dead there.

If you're not a fan of Station des Sports then you're limiting your bar options in Montreal, Peter Sergakis owns a ******** of bars across Montreal. Many of them you would probably be surprised about too.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Station des Sports is fine if you don't really care for the food or service and you just want a beer and hang out with a great crowd.

Station des Sports in Laval had some terrible management though. They didn't expect that many people to show up for Wrestlemania 30, so they decided to have a waitress who was on training, serve a few tables. Needless to say the service was REAL SLOW because she's new and was being trained by someone else. After about an hour, they told her to go home...

Service in general at any SDS has been pretty mediocre for me.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Station des Sports downtown was totally renovated over a year ago. Ownership questions aside, it's become a nice, clean place for game-watching. Menu is decent and reasonably priced.

One of my faves for watching Habs games is Magnan restaurant, the famous roast beef joint on Saint-Patrick. Food's great, if much pricier than the typical sports bar, and they have the game blasting from big screens.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Make friends with these people in your first week: http://jmsm.ca/

Come say hi to me during Frosh (pm me if you want) and I'll introduce you to a bunch of fellow Habs fans.

Welcome to JMSB and looking forward to meeting you!

---

EDIT: Like people said, Reggies sometimes does game nights, but they are closed until at least December (the terrace will be open during frosh, but the bar is closed).

The president of this JMSM looks like a dummy.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
If Reggies is open then definitly go to Reggies but it's been clsoed for about a year now. There are many places in the area especially on Crescent to watch the game but you can also try **** & Bull or Station des sport on St.Catherine.

Concordia is also walking distance from the Bell Center so if you get there early enough you can watch the game at the Cage au Sport at the Bell Center. Across the street from the Bell there's also the Bier Market which I haven't been to yet but it looks pretty cool.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Station des Sports is fine if you don't really care for the food or service and you just want a beer and hang out with a great crowd.

Station des Sports in Laval had some terrible management though. They didn't expect that many people to show up for Wrestlemania 30, so they decided to have a waitress who was on training, serve a few tables. Needless to say the service was REAL SLOW because she's new and was being trained by someone else. After about an hour, they told her to go home...

Service in general at any SDS has been pretty mediocre for me.

I sometimes went to Station des Sports on Jarry during the playoffs and it was just fine. Mind you most of the time I just sat at the bar with one of my friend and ordered beer. The barmaid was cool and was kinda hot. No complaint.

One time we went with a bunch of friends and had a table and ordered food and drinks. The service was good and the food was decent. Again, no complaint from me.

It's cheaper than La Cage and there usually is less people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad