Concerning Losses

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Our defense plays like ass more often than not. It doesn't help that the coaches make the problem worse with one of the most inefficient breakout strategies ever. Who knows, do we even have a cogent system?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
It's not the coaches fault when NHL pros make basic hockey mistakes that pee-wee players are taught not to do. That is at best a brain fart, and at worst a sign that a player isn't very bright.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's not the coaches fault when NHL pros make basic hockey mistakes that pee-wee players are taught not to do. That is at best a brain fart, and at worst a sign that a player isn't very bright.

Yea, Beaulieu's mistake was the turning point of the game and it was a mistake we learn not to do in pee-wee. But, young players need to make mistakes to learn so it's only a loss after 6 straight wins. Habs will be just fine.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
After going on a 6 game winning streak and being the top team in the NHL the invariable threads will pop up about firing MT, DD sucks, trades are needed etc etc etc. Hence the sky is falling :scared: emoji's.

There is no perfect team in the NHL. San Jose lost to Buffalo again by nearly as bad a score. This doesn't change the fact that San Jose is still a dominant team. Point is you're not going to win every game. They didn't get dominated and they didn't even play badly. A couple of bad bounces here and there, a bad penalty or two and that's the difference in the NHL these days, not to mention against the hottest team in the league.

So when I or someone else disregaurds the OP of a thread like this one when we're the top ranked team in the NHL coming off a 6 game win streak after losing to the hottest team in the league when we didn't play nearly as bad as the score would indicate, it's a little hard to take it too seriously. So let's all calm down and enjoy what's turning out to be a very good team and a promising season unfold.

A little perspective people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Yea, Beaulieu's mistake was the turning point of the game and it was a mistake we learn not to do in pee-wee. But, young players need to make mistakes to learn so it's only a loss after 6 straight wins. Habs will be just fine.

Not just Beaulieu, but the 2nd goal was a series of basic errors, the turnover and people out of position.

On the 3rd, Gallagher's basic mistake on the backcheck not picking up his man while his 2 linemates make another mistake of a bad change as the play comes back to the defensive.

These are just basic hockey errors, if the worst guy on my beer league team committed them he would know right away he dun wrong and be mad at himself without anyone having to tell him.

Perhaps it is the sign of a team perhaps that has been winning too easily and lost focus. Ontop of that MAF manages to play very well on the other end, while other chances are missed (that Sekac shot on a 3 on 1) no breaks there.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
After going on a 6 game winning streak and being the top team in the NHL the invariable threads will pop up about firing MT, DD sucks, trades are needed etc etc etc. Hence the sky is falling :scared: emoji's.

There is no perfect team in the NHL. San Jose lost to Buffalo again by nearly as bad a score. This doesn't change the fact that San Jose is still a dominant team. Point is you're not going to win every game. They didn't get dominated and they didn't even play badly. A couple of bad bounces here and there, a bad penalty or two and that's the difference in the NHL these days, not to mention against the hottest team in the league.

So when I or someone else disregaurds the OP of a thread like this one when we're the top ranked team in the NHL coming off a 6 game win streak after losing to the hottest team in the league when we didn't play nearly as bad as the score would indicate, it's a little hard to take it too seriously. So let's all calm down and enjoy what's turning out to be a very good team and a promising season unfold.

That's not the point he was making...read his post.

The OP isn't against the fact we lost, like you said, the best teams always lose, OP was voicing his concert over losing while being outscored 25-3.

So after I clued you in as to what this thread is really about, what's your new opinion on this?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Two ways to look at this.

We could be a consistent middle of the road team whose wins and losses look pretty much the same.

Or we could be the team with the wide swings between winning and losing.

Yes, the Habs have been blown out. But look at a lot of our wins. Hard fought, comeback wins with no quitting.

I prefer the second.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Unlike some of their other big losses the Habs played pretty good overall

Had a very good 3rd, played disciplined hockey against the top PP team with only 1 penalty and had some good scoring chances, MAF played great & Price was just ok - that's not going to happen often

As pointed out by others a couple of brain cramps cost us and I think there may have been a little star gazing from our younger players going up against Sid & Malkin - Chucky on the partial breakaway at the beginning with the behind the back pass instead of taking it hard to the net for example and I won't kick dirt on Beaulieu's beaten corpse

Pens are 9-1 in their last 10 and will be tops in the league once they play their games in hand, no shame in that loss

It's not like Buffalo smoked us :)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That's not the point he was making...read his post. And my post towards you was in regards to the way yours was posted, I didn't report it cause I could care less, but I thought spam was against the rules and its even more annoying when someone makes it without even having seemed to read the OP, it makes the spammer look pretty unintelligent as well.

The OP isn't against the fact we lost, like you said, the best teams always lose, OP was voicing his concert over losing while being outscored 25-3 but that went over your head when you decided to spam.

So after I clued you in as to what this thread is really about, what's your new opinion on this?

I read the OP, did you read mine?

Who cares what the score is? We weren't dominated last night. As for the lopsided score again, it happens to EVERY team in the NHL throught a long, grinding 82 game schedule. Thisis hardly anything to get anyones nose out of joint and in fact, the habs have responded extremely well after these types of loses so far this year. You're just noticing it because it's the Habs but every team had losses by lopsided scores so again, what's the big deal?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I read the OP, did you read mine?

Who cares what the score is? We weren't dominated last night. As for the lopsided score again, it happens to EVERY team in the NHL throught a long, grinding 82 game schedule. Thisis hardly anything to get anyones nose out of joint and in fact, the habs have responded extremely well after these types of loses so far this year. You're just noticing it because it's the Habs but every team had losses by lopsided scores so again, what's the big deal?

That's one game, he's talking about every game which in the grand scheme of things adds up to 25-3...and we were badly dominated in the other ones.

Which other team is being outscored 25-3, you claim it happens to 'every' team but I'd like a source or numbers for that if you don't mind. AFAIK only the habs have been getting dominated so badly in their losses. I'm not worried, but simply curious as to your claims and where they're coming from.

I agree with you though, the habs have responded pretty damn well after getting killed by CHI/CAL, a 6 game winning streak was unexpected.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What concerns/bothers me more is how we lose these "measuring stick" games. We're not far off from being legit contenders and we're tops in the league this year, but it'd be nice to put up a fight against teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc. rather than being blown out.

Hopefully things change against St. Louis. That'd be a big win.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Montreal played OK yesterday. Look at the Leafs lol. Galchenyuk could have scored a couple last night... Would have changed the game if he did. Sekac also had some great chances.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That's one game, he's talking about every game which in the grand scheme of things adds up to 25-3...and we were badly dominated in the other ones.

Which other team is being outscored 25-3, you claim it happens to 'every' team but I'd like a source or numbers for that if you don't mind. AFAIK only the habs have been getting dominated so badly in their losses. I'm not worried, but simply curious as to your claims and where they're coming from.

I agree with you though, the habs have responded pretty damn well after getting killed by CHI/CAL, a 6 game winning streak was unexpected.

I'm too lazy to go through each one and frankly have better things to do. but go here and take a look for yourself how often teams get blown out on a nightly basis and not just the Leafs and Buffalo either.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores

click on calendar

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
One quarter into the season, and hopefully the coaches and players can learn from this trend...concerning, but time to right the ship...

Exactly, I merely pointed out a trend that has developped so far, not saying I'm expecting things will stay the same. Also, I'd much rather have these blow out games right now than at the end of the season or during playoffs.

You seem to get my point, thanks for your support :)

Oh noooo!!!!!!!!

:scared:

Again, nobody here is panicking except for you, though sarcastically. If you aren't concerned about these losses, why do you feel the need to post in this thread?

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
yes i'm very concern, I was there for 3 of those lost, and the other 2 where not at the bell center. They really don't like me.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
yes i'm very concern, I was there for 3 of those lost, and the other 2 where not at the bell center. They really don't like me.

I feel you, I'll be at the bell centre tomorrow for the game against the Blues. I hope they'll be able to beat them, or at least put up a decent fight.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Exactly, I merely pointed out a trend that has developped so far, not saying I'm expecting things will stay the same. Also, I'd much rather have these blow out games right now than at the end of the season or during playoffs.

You seem to get my point, thanks for your support :)

Again, nobody here is panicking except for you, though sarcastically. If you aren't concerned about these losses, why do you feel the need to post in this thread?

If you're going to be this thin skinned maybe you shouldn't post new threads.

All I'm saying is that you and others are blowing this out of purportion. All teams have lip sided loses. San Jose has a few under their belt as does LA, Anaheim, Chicago etc etc etc. Habs are tops in the league here so I don't get the worry or the panic at this point. Again, they didn't play bad against Pittsburg and the other games were games that happen. They bounced back well which is a far more practical indicator of a team if you ask me.

As for my posts being tolerated or not supporting your view of things. Well your on a public board. If you're not ready to hear dissenting views and alternate oponions than your really in the wrong place. I can post my opinion wherever I please even if you and others don't like it. If you want a consensus than you can PM all your buddies and talk about how smart you are and how nobody else gets you and how right you all are. Good luck with that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would much rather lose in a one sided affair to the likes of Buffalo.
Many people have expressed their belief that MT is interested only in amassing points period.
We have had a very nasty habit of losing big games under his tenure. We are great a beating the bottom dwellers which is a fine improvement over some of our teams in the past; But i can probably count on 1 finger the must win games we actually won in the past three years. We couldn't beat the Islanders FFS to secure home ice in the PO's last year. Some say no big deal I disagree.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
If you're going to be this thin skinned maybe you shouldn't post new threads.

All I'm saying is that you and others are blowing this out of purportion. All teams have lip sided loses. San Jose has a few under their belt as does LA, Anaheim, Chicago etc etc etc. Habs are tops in the league here so I don't get the worry or the panic at this point. Again, they didn't play bad against Pittsburg and the other games were games that happen. They bounced back well which is a far more practical indicator of a team if you ask me.

As for my posts being tolerated or not supporting your view of things. Well your on a public board. If you're not ready to hear dissenting views and alternate oponions than your really in the wrong place. I can post my opinion wherever I please even if you and others don't like it. If you want a consensus than you can PM all your buddies and talk about how smart you are and how nobody else gets you and how right you all are. Good luck with that.

You have every right to have your opinion and share it, I was just wondering what were your motives for posting in a thread that you seem to find irrelevant.

As for the rest, you seem to be overreacting a bit don't you think? Nobody but you used the word worry or panic. Notice I used the word concern, which indicates a lesser state of worry than your posts imply. Also, I think I sufficiently explained that it isn't a problem NOW, only if it keeps up.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I feel you, I'll be at the bell centre tomorrow for the game against the Blues. I hope they'll be able to beat them, or at least put up a decent fight.

Don't worry mate tomorrow going to be the game of the year :yo:
So great you will want to pay even more for the tickets next time lol
Good game :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad