Concerning Losses

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
20% blowout rate is not good...
16 blowouts in 80 games is not good...

Then again, if this means having a 62-16-4 record, it might not be so bad. ;)
As many have said, I don't expect this to happen, but adjustments need to be made cause 16 blowouts, if all against top caliber teams, don't bode well for POs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Then again, if this means having a 62-16-4 record, it might not be so bad. ;)
As many have said, I don't expect this to happen, but adjustments need to be made cause 16 blowouts, if all against top caliber teams, don't bode well for POs.

:laugh:
Not too worried about the record just team psyche...

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Still dont want to sound alarmist or anything, I like that we solidly beat the Blues and Bruins, we were on a 6 games in 9 nights streak or so, the guys might have been tired, etc.

However, let me remind you the despite our 16-6-1 record, we have a goal differential of only +4. Why is that?

Because over our 6 losses, we have been outscored 30-3.

Again, not alarmist or depressed by it but things will have to change at some point, a blowout every 4 games is pretty unacceptable to me.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Still dont want to sound alarmist or anything, I like that we solidly beat the Blues and Bruins, we were on a 6 games in 9 nights streak or so, the guys might have been tired, etc.

However, let me remind you the despite our 16-6-1 record, we have a goal differential of only +4. Why is that?

Because over our 6 losses, we have been outscored 30-3.

Again, not alarmist or depressed by it but things will have to change at some point, a blowout every 4 games is pretty unacceptable to me.

For one, we can't score a lot....end of story. Team gives away to many quality scoring chances mainly in those loss.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
For one, we can't score a lot....end of story. Team gives away to many quality scoring chances mainly in those loss.

The thing is, we can also score a lot, in fact I think we've won 6-7 games by 3 goals or more. I'm actually considering renaming this thread ''The Best AND Worst team in the league'', I can't remeber a team that could get both amazing wins and terrible losses over 23 games.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Another thing that's starting to bother me is the fact that we've had few injuries so far compared to other teams. We have good depth but I wonder how much things could go sour if our players start dropping like flies.

We also probably benefit from having a more experienced defense, I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the *** when these guys will get tired during spring.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The thing is, we can also score a lot, in fact I think we've won 6-7 games by 3 goals or more. I'm actually considering renaming this thread ''The Best AND Worst team in the league'', I can't remeber a team that could get both amazing wins and terrible losses over 23 games.

Ok true that.

RafaelSomma

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who realized that. It's not normal that the Habs have been blown off every time they lost this year. Yes they have a winning record but it bugs me the way they lose and they won't go far in the playoffs if they keep that trend.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
In a best of 7 series, does it make any difference if you win 4 but get blown in the 3 other games?

It doesn't, but the question is which team are we really? In our 6 worse games, we have a -27 goal diff, while in our 6 best wins, we are +19. The other ones were tight games that we one, but we'll end up losing some of those eventually. So are we a +19 team, or a -27 one? Probably in between, but so far, it's hard to tell with all those ups and downs.

In case of an injury to a key player, which we haven't had to deal with yet while some of the teams we beat had more than a few injured, I would have a bad feeling about maintaining our good record.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
This thread came to mind immediately during the NYR game. Anybody have a feel overall for what the Habs' schedule has been to date - weak or strong compared to the rest of the conference?

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
Well we haven't played a game against 4 of the 6 bottom teams in our conference yet, so there's that.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
This week we played some of the best teams in the NHL, 4 games out of 7 days including a back to back the night before against our biggest rival. Gas was empty in the tank and reminded me of the tampa bay game early in the season. People who've played competitive sports on a near-elite level would relate to how insanely tough it is on your body.

This game was a gimme through the scheduling. Habs are alright.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team Jekyll and Hyde.

I keep getting the feeling that we could be so much better in terms of structure and organization.
We keep winning the majority of our games but The schedule is so screwy for all the teams that it's very difficult to assess whether we were good or bad or if the opposition was good or bad.
The two losses that bugged me most were Chi. and Pitts. the others were tail end affairs where we had zero energy or the Calgary match which was the return from a western road swing.

I can't claim to be overly optimistic with this club. There seem to be certain teams that will continue to give us fits no matter what we do. Thank God Boston isn't currently one of them. :nod:
Unfortunately that is only part of the equation. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad