Speculation: Compliance Buyouts

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If you're listing all potential buy-outs no matter how unlikely (Justin Braun), aren't Vlasic and Burns also candidates?

For **compliance** buyouts, contract needed to be in place prior to 9/15/12.

(So need to update post)

Vlasic signed extension in July 2012.

Burns signed extension in August 2011.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
The Sharks probably need to hold onto Burish unless they plan on picking up a RW.... even terrible lottery teams need those.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sharks probably need to hold onto Burish unless they plan on picking up a RW.... even terrible lottery teams need those.

I think they can make a choice. They have Pavelski (unless Thornton is moved), Wingels, Nieto, Brown, Burish, and Kennedy to play on the right side. I'd rather keep Kennedy than Burish.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Braun, Burns and Vlasic should not have been mentioned. At all. Period. Aside from that, it's a decent article. I realize that he said there's 0% chance of them being bought out, but just leave them from the article, as it's going to be a lightning rod for criticism.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think they can make a choice. They have Pavelski (unless Thornton is moved), Wingels, Nieto, Brown, Burish, and Kennedy to play on the right side. I'd rather keep Kennedy than Burish.

Yes, Nieto plays the right side now, but he's a natural LW, no? Just thought I'd throw that out there. That leaves Wingels, Brown, Burish and Kennedy.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
20% chance Niemi is bought out? :huh: I'd have him at a cool 0. He is worth at least a second and can be traded. Why would we ever choose the buyout option?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yes, Nieto plays the right side now, but he's a natural LW, no? Just thought I'd throw that out there. That leaves Wingels, Brown, Burish and Kennedy.

With wingers, it doesn't really matter that much. I'm not all that concerned about who specifically gets put on the right side. It just has to make sense for who they're playing with. All this doesn't mean much of anything until a move actually happens.

It's a moot topic until someone is moved. With all the stuff going on, who knows what happens. As far as I can tell, everything is still on the table since DW's words mean absolutely nothing at this point.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Braun, Burns and Vlasic should not have been mentioned. At all. Period. Aside from that, it's a decent article. I realize that he said there's 0% chance of them being bought out, but just leave them from the article, as it's going to be a lightning rod for criticism.

:laugh: (wrong gender)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
With wingers, it doesn't really matter that much. I'm not all that concerned about who specifically gets put on the right side. It just has to make sense for who they're playing with. All this doesn't mean much of anything until a move actually happens.

It's a moot topic until someone is moved. With all the stuff going on, who knows what happens. As far as I can tell, everything is still on the table since DW's words mean absolutely nothing at this point.

I think it does matter for some, but many wingers (like Nieto) are able to adapt extremely well. Yes, I agree that Nieto makes sense on the right side just because he fits so well with Marleau and Couture. Otherwise, I pretty much agree. I just wanted to point out that Nieto isn't simply a RW, that's all. :)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
:laugh: (wrong gender)

Woops. Who wrote that? :laugh: My bad, in that case! I assumed wrong apparently (but I feel like it was a fair assumption given the ratio of male to female fans in hockey). Still though, my bad!

(Just thought I'd add that extra "sorry" for Jux and Lady J.)

EDIT: If you tell me you're a female as well, I may just snap. :laugh:

EDIT 2: In my defence, I don't see an author's name on the page. But now I think I'm getting overly defensive ahaha.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Step 1 - Try to move Havlat, Stuart and Niemi for futures.

Step 2 - Buyout Havlat and Stuart.

Niemi would at least work as an overpaid backup.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
This is stuff you do if you want to try and win next year. :P

:laugh:

You have found me out.

nrrrrrdhehe.gif

*poof*

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that Havlat isn't getting traded or bought out. He'll play the year in SJ and traded at the deadline for like a 4th rounder.

Ugh.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Didn't DW say that Havlat will be gone one way or another. I thought he was as gone as Boyle. I think DW has been promising too many things that he might not be able to deliver. He says that Havlat is definitely gone but maybe he finds out later Hasso isn't willing to spend money on a buyout and now noone wants to trade for Havlat so he's stuck with him. He says there will be a rebuild but is not willing to ask Thornton and Marleau to waive and they don't want to leave so he can't make good on the rebuild promise either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad