Compher

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
He sucks and is clearly the new whipping boy. He’s not physical, struggles to “attempt” a sog, sucks on the PK, sucks at face-offs, and I’ve never seen a player do as many “fly-by” pokes as him. He’s playing lazy and is paid way too much.

Minus his one dinky fight, he’s doing absolutely nothing on a nightly basis. Boy did we ever get hosed in that ROR trade, damn.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He played like that last season but it went mostly unnoticed...until he got fully exposed in the playoffs. Now more people are paying attention to how he plays.

Signing that big contract changed his game.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Compher has been their worst player all season. When your top guys are out you look for guys to step up, and he has been completely invisible. I’m all in on moving him.

Reactions: crue7

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
He played like that last season but it went mostly unnoticed...until he got fully exposed in the playoffs. Now more people are paying attention to how he plays.

Signing that big contract changed his game.
It’s clear we need to rid of him and his contract ASAP. Hard task with how he’s playing though. Absolutely stuck with this awful player.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It’s clear we need to rid of him and his contract ASAP. Hard task with how he’s playing though. Absolutely stuck with this awful player.
If Paul Byron passes through waivers today then it's going to be pretty hard to trade Compher. Byron is a better player on a similar contract.

Also we can't trade Compher unless we have another 3C back. Also the goalie situation.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He's been really bad

It's too bad, he was solid the last 2 years and really looked like he was going to establish himself as that Swiss army knife 3rd line guy that can chip in all over the ice.... But this year has been a major step back and ya if we can get rid of that contract at the deadline that would be a beneficial move for this team.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
Credit where credit is due, Jost found his niche in the lineup. He’s been excellent defensively and superb on the PK. Compher is a floundering fish.

when should the avs fire bednar?

probably a few years ago hey? Lol

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
when should the avs fire bednar?

probably a few years ago hey? Lol
This is more Comphers fault than Bednar...I’ve been critical of Bednar lately but he’s been dealt an absolute shit hand with the amount of injuries. I don’t understand what you’re getting at tbh.

Bednar recognized Gilbert’s shit play right away and limited him, good from our coach. This thread is about JT USELESS C, not Bednar.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
This is more Comphers fault than Bednar...I’ve been critical of Bednar lately but he’s been dealt an absolute shit hand with the amount of injuries. I don’t understand what you’re getting at tbh.

Confirmation bias

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Really though, who can we trade him for?

Maybe a guy like Brandon Tanev out of Pittsburg?

Or add Timmins and a 1st and try to pry Jacob Silfverberg out of Anaheim.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I wonder what it would be like if the roles were reversed and they were trying to force Jost into these roles. Maybe JT is more suited to playing wing and he’s struggling with the extra responsibilities.

Ideally he’d be part of a package going out to get a real 3C, though.

That contract......:banghead:

Last edited:

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I wonder what it would be like if the roles were reversed and they were trying to force Jost into these roles. Maybe JT is more suited to playing wing and he’s struggling with the extra responsibilities.

Ideally he’d be part of a package going out to get a real 3C, though.

That contract......

There is no doubt that is part of the problem.

Jost has always been a hard worker. He finishes checks. Good on the forecheck and has evolved into a responsible player. Even if he isn't scoring he is playing a role and doing it well.

It doesn't even seem like Compher is trying. He isn't skating. He isn't engaged. He offers nothing.

I think we need to move him down in the lineup.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Jost- Donskoi
Compher- Bellmare- O'Connor

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Couldn’t have proven my point any better
You’ve literally made no point but one-liners that make you look stupid because you’re unable to provide any sort of valuable analysis to prove your point. Go you!

if you can prove in anyway, that Compher has been anything but below average in any facet of the game, show it.

you’re completely alone with your weird riddles that try to justify JTC’s play. I promise you that.

You bring up Bednar when he’s provided JTC ice time with the top line. He’s gave him more than a chance for multiple games, and didn’t do a f***ing thing with the ice time.

Last edited:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
There is no doubt that is part of the problem.

Jost has always been a hard worker. He finishes checks. Good on the forecheck and has evolved into a responsible player. Even if he isn't scoring he is playing a role and doing it well.

It doesn't even seem like Compher is trying. He isn't skating. He isn't engaged. He offers nothing.

I think we need to move him down in the lineup.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Jost- Donskoi
Compher- Bellmare- O'Connor
I think the problem is that we can’t move him down the lineup because we don’t have anybody else to put in his spot. I think they tried Jost enough in that role and it never worked out.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
You’ve literally made no point but one-liners that make you look stupid because you’re unable to provide any sort of valuable analysis to prove your point. Go you!

if you can prove in anyway, that Compher has been anything but below average in any facet of the game, show it.

you’re completely alone with your weird riddles that try to justify JTC’s play. I promise you that.

You bring up Bednar when he’s provided JTC ice time with the top line. He’s gave him more than a chance for multiple games, and didn’t do a f***ing thing with the ice time.

interesting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad