Injury Report: compher/larkin/kostin on IR

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sounds like Kostin back saturday, Larkin maybe Monday and Compher is skating between Kane and Debrincat this morning which might mean hes getting close as well.

Good news today

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Sounds like Kostin back saturday, Larkin maybe Monday and Compher is skating between Kane and Debrincat this morning which might mean hes getting close as well.

Good news today
Newsy did say kostin is close but won't be available until Sat

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Definitely. Even if he takes a long break through Christmas and returns for the new year, that's great news.
Yeah I feel like even if he is ready, just let him sit through the holidays. He's been banged up, had the personal issues, and now had whatever this was just happen. A healthy Larkin is huge for this team, and I'd rather lose a couple of games now than see him struggle for rest of the season by rushing back. If Compher can come back I think we can still get some wins without Larks for a bit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah I feel like even if he is ready, just let him sit through the holidays. He's been banged up, had the personal issues, and now had whatever this was just happen. A healthy Larkin is huge for this team, and I'd rather lose a couple of games now than see him struggle for rest of the season by rushing back. If Compher can come back I think we can still get some wins without Larks for a bit.

Hes a grown man getting paid millions. If hes ready to play just play him. Losing 2 games could easily be the difference between making the playoffs or not

Reactions: jaster

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I'm hoping Compher and Kostin jump back into the Lineup tomorrow, looking like their is a chance. As far as Larkin goes, its up to him, when he feels he is ready and cleared by Doctors you let him skate. I feel like it will depend how the next couple go, if we get Wins him staying out one extra game (3 days) doesn't hurt as much as if we keep piling up losses.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

definitely a good news/bad news situation.

If Larkin was concussed my fear would be that he's having symptoms after practicing yesterday. But obviously that is based on nothing but my anxious brain projecting fictional scenarios.

If this practice was in Philly it could also be as simple as Larkin didn't travel since he wouldn't be playing?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
2bu.gif

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Take it with a massive grain of salt but this is concerning IMO:

I feel like if this was even a factor, that they would have cluee in the Broadcast team and everyone else and the coach so they aren't saying he should be ready sometime this week.

definitely a good news/bad news situation.

If Larkin was concussed my fear would be that he's having symptoms after practicing yesterday. But obviously that is based on nothing but my anxious brain projecting fictional scenarios.

If this practice was in Philly it could also be as simple as Larkin didn't travel since he wouldn't be playing?
Yea Larkin didn't travel, they said it on the broadcast that he stayed in Detroit.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I realize the video is clickbait but the source is a poster on Reddit who’s correctly reported info ahead of time in the past. You never know.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is that the standard these days? This random bullshit from a random social media poster might be correct, so lets run with it? It's right up there with using HF posters as sources. Oh wait...

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Is that the standard these days? This random bullshit from a random social media poster might be correct, so lets run with it? It's right up there with using HF posters as sources. Oh wait...
Did I say it must be correct? I'm not publishing in a newspaper here, I'm posting on a forum...

Also, the HF poster I’ve cited in the past was correct about Kane signing with the Wings.

In the past few years, I can recall several times people on social media were ahead of the media on stories (Bobby Ryan, DeBrincat, Kane... even Al Sobotka).

“Unless HSJ says so, it must be bullshit!” is a dumb take.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad