Online Series: Comparing on-line streaming services. Which do you use?

What is on-line streaming services do you subscribe to?

• Total voters

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Prime's film content has gotten better for sure while Netflix's continues to disintegrate. People are watching more TV though so maybe they don't care.

Netflix has taken a huge hit due to different companies creating their own streaming service and not renewing their shows rights with netflix. Prime is a little different as he has three different levels of viewing where the owners of the shows or movies actual get more money from it being available on Prime

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
I use Netflix, Prime, and Crave. I have access to Disney+ through my sister which I'm only now interested in since the added all the more adult content to it a couple of weeks ago. I also use Kanopy through my library which is good for classic films and documentaries, and working through a free trial of MUBI which is good for international, classic, and experimental film

But yeah definitely getting diminishing returns with the streaming services as more and more are added and content is divided between the many new players on the scene. I do miss like 10 years ago when it was just netflix and they had a massive library

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
i have Prime and Crave which has some HBO and Showtime stuff, along with other movies and tv shows. between those two services, that's more than enough for me.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Our family shares the apps

Netflix
Crave
Amazon Prime
Disney+

We also watch the free stuff

Tubi
Global TV
CTV
You Tube

Also you can search which movie app is showing a certain movie you are looking for.
The app is called Just Watch from the play store.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Have Netflix and Prime with my roommate and split Disney and Crave with my parents.

Also have Kanopy which is free through my library.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have Netflix and Starz, I usually watch Netflix for a bit then cancel, go to prime or hulu, then cancel, go back to netflix many months later, repeat.

Starz they offered me .99 cents a month for 6 months so I said why not, it's got some good movies but barely any good shows. (Black Sails, Party Down, Outlander)

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have the big 3 (netflix, prime and disney)

i also have Shudder and Starz. I’d say shudder is a waste of money, their originals are horrible (Revenge and Host are decent).

Starz is a good deal though. Good selection of movies and some solid original shows. With how cheap it is, worth getting for a few months for black sails and party down along with some of the movies.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I have the big 3 (netflix, prime and disney)

i also have Shudder and Starz. I’d say shudder is a waste of money, their originals are horrible (Revenge and Host are decent).

Starz is a good deal though. Good selection of movies and some solid original shows. With how cheap it is, worth getting for a few months for black sails and party down along with some of the movies.

I like how content gets in on Shudder. I haven't watched any of their originals, but I kind of like it as a whole. Disney was a complete waste before the addition of Star.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I decided to cancel netflix just because I find the Amazon, Disney and History hit is more than fine and I added NOW TV here in the UK because it had the Sopranos and Band of brothers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad