Commentating ruins hockey

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I would say yes but not for the reasons you think. Commentators now just don't have the same passion as the ones from the past.

Also, Jim Hughson is f***ing awful. The Joe Buck of Hockey.

Reactions: bukwas

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I would say yes but not for the reasons you think. Commentators now just don't have the same passion as the ones from the past.

Also, Jim Hughson is ****ing awful. The Joe Buck of Hockey.

So true but it also doesn't help that the game itself lacks passion, physical play, scoring chances, highlights saves, on top of suffocating defense and almost no fighting compared to the past. Not nearly as much emotion or character in any aspect of the game.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011

Also, Jim Hughson is ****ing awful. The Joe Buck of Hockey.
Yeah, Bell and Rogers want Leaf fans to suffer. :)

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Those Washington guys are interesting. The play-by-play guy's voice is really good, but he seems to speak an endless succession of set-phrases. And the color-commentator seems to be doing a Dr. Evil impression. Never heard a guy speak quite like that...

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I get where the OP is coming from.

I don't understand why the announcers just have to keep blabbing on and on about things not related to the play on the ice while the game is going on. I mean they already do a pre-game show...why can't they just limit themselves to calling the game?

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
pretty sure if you have surround sound you can unplug the middle speaker and get rid of the commentators but leave most of the rest

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I guess instead of listening to a good band , you just google drum solos ?

Bad analogy IMHO.

It's more to me like turning off directors commentary.

I don't need to be told you used a crane jib to get that picture, I just saw it.

Neither do I need to hear one of a thousand words forced in place of the word "pass" to fight monotony to describe what I just witnessed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad