NFL: Commanders hire Dan Quinn as Head Coach

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Pete Carroll engineered the greatest period of success in the history of the franchise - - no idea why Seattle would be so anxious “to get away from” winning.

This is what happens when an owner with ZERO football acumen tries to get involved with running the team.

No, it’s a brand new era.

New coach, new ideas, new beginnings.
How hard is that to understand? No one will replace the Pete Carroll era, let a new coach do his thing.

Reactions: sigma six

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
No, it’s a brand new era.

New coach, new ideas, new beginnings.
How hard is that to understand? No one will replace the Pete Carroll era, let a new coach do his thing.

If everything is allegedly brand new, why keep the GM and EVP who’s been there for 14yrs?

Carroll is an elite football coach and was still at the top of his game. Seahawks are going to get what they deserve for running him out of town.

I stand by my comments that McDonald is in way over his head and hopelessly out of his depth as a HC.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If everything is allegedly brand new, why keep the GM and EVP who’s been there for 14yrs?

Carroll is an elite football coach and was still at the top of his game. Seahawks are going to get what they deserve for running him out of town.

I stand by my comments that McDonald is in way over his head and hopelessly out of his depth as a HC.

Every cooridnator has to be a coach somehow.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Carrol’s Defences have been in outside the Top 20 for a while now. Not since like Richard was the DC. Norton Jr and Hurtt haven’t turned things around on that side of the ball.

It was time for a refresh in Seattle. If Allen was planning on selling the team after May 2025, as that’s the cutoff date in which the city is entitled to 10% of the proceeds of a Hawks sale, then it made more sense to bring Carroll back.

But this move seems to indicate that she will hold onto the team for a while now.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I thought this was a thread about Dan Quinn and the Washington Commanders. My mistake!

Sep 19, 2008

Perhaps the biggest endorsement came from Falcons owner Blank. Blank, who fired Quinn in 2020 after six seasons with the Falcons, reached out to Harris unsolicited on Quinn's behalf.

"To have Atlanta endorse Dan was powerful," one person involved said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad