OT: #comingjuly13

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Either the Metro line opens (next July 13)
Or they're announcing another set of silver balls

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Very intriguing, coincidentally on July 13th there is suppose to be an announcement regarding the City of Edmonton Tower currently being built. Might be the official name, all the banners on the hoarding and on the elevator shaft have been removed and a large sign erected on the corner of 101 street and 104 Avenue.

Mandel Manor maybe :sarcasm:

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Very intriguing, coincidentally on July 13th there is suppose to be an announcement regarding the City of Edmonton Tower currently being built. Might be the official name, all the banners on the hoarding and on the elevator shaft have been removed and a large sign erected on the corner of 101 street and 104 Avenue.

Mandel Manor maybe :sarcasm:

I noticed this as well. They did remove all the signage. Maybe someone is going to sponsor the district itself?

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
The unveiling of 25 new photo radar cameras?
25 new photo radar cameras... for YOUR safety!

Whatever it is, some people will over react about how cool and important it is while the rest of us collectively "meh" and keep going just the same.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
I thought it might have to do with the plans for the greyhound site. This may have been finalized? Adding another tower?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
In addition to the announced 35 buck parking plan around the new Arena an unveiling of the planned Water, Air, and Sunshine tax in the Entertainment district vicinity. With word that Katz corp is buying up any Water, Air, and Sunshine available in the area and leasing it out at profit.

Oh, and look for toll sidewalks; "to provide a quality, monitored, walking experience for our customers.."

Can't leave any revenue stream untouched.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In addition to the announced 35 buck parking plan around the new Arena an unveiling of the planned Water, Air, and Sunshine tax in the Entertainment district vicinity. With word that Katz corp is buying up any Water, Air, and Sunshine available in the area and leasing it out at profit.

Oh, and look for toll sidewalks; "to provide a quality, monitored, walking experience for our customers.."

What's next, Soylent Green? ;)

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG

Well I was kinda hoping this wouldn't turn into the arena thread....cause its brutal..... Were talking about parking? Really?....ride a bus....ride the train....walk. If you don't want to pay then don't go!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Well I was kinda hoping this wouldn't turn into the arena thread....cause its brutal..... Were talking about parking? Really....ride a bus....ride the train....walk. If you don't want to pay then don't go!

Oh trust me. Already decided.

Hey, but Katz is also looking into leasing other downtown parking on event nights and leveraging those price points as "providing quality parking service for our patrons" when in fact that means changing evening parking rates that were in multiple cases as low as 2-5 dollars and making them reflect the new imposed Katz empire parking pricepoint reality.

Maybe you missed the memo and don't follow the news. Most people should be enraged by now. 35 buck evening parking tickets in Edmonton? lmfao

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Oh trust me. Already decided.

Hey, but Katz is also looking into leasing other downtown parking on event nights and leveraging those price points as "providing quality parking service for our patrons" when in fact that means changing evening parking rates that were in multiple cases as low as 2-5 dollars and making them reflect the new imposed Katz empire parking pricepoint reality.

Maybe you missed the memo and don't follow the news. Most people should be enraged by now. 35 buck evening parking tickets in Edmonton? lmfao

No I follow. I also travel/work in some of the biggest cities in North America, $60.00 to park for dinner in Chicago. $100.00 in New York. Im sure its as bad in Toronto and Montreal if you wanted to drive to a game/event there as well. Its a method to push people onto public transportation.....has this increase been written in stone or are they just looking to see what people would be willing to pay?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wonder how much they'll charge for food at the new arena...

Now you're just ribbing me. ;) pun intended..

I wonder how much food security policing there will be?

To prevent me from bringing dangerous Carrot and celery sticks and assorted fruit and nuts into the district..

some people will remember that infamous reference. :D

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No I follow. I also travel/work in some of the biggest cities in North America, $60.00 to park for dinner in Chicago. $100.00 in New York. Im sure its as bad in Toronto and Montreal if you wanted to drive to a game/event there as well. Its a method to push people onto public transportation.

Maybe the City could provide useable public transportation first.. like those other cities you mention.

Anyway, I can park anywhere in Calgary for 25bucks, anywhere in Vancouver for 25 bucks, anywhere in Toronto for 25bucks. All of those cities having much higher priced downtown sq foot lot pricing. With Calgary having some of the highest downtown parking prices in Canada. But those kind of prices are justified in cities with vibrant urban districts.

here katz wants you to pay 30 pucks for even surface lot parking, in Edmonton, in the Winter. In a downtown Edmonton that needs revitalizing.. 35 buck parking is sure to do that..:sarcasm:

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Maybe the City could provide useable public transportation first.. like those other cities you mention.

Anyway, I can park anywhere in Calgary for 25bucks, anywhere in Vancouver for 25 bucks, anywhere in Toronto for 25bucks. All of those cities having much higher priced downtown sq foot lot pricing. With Calgary having some of the highest downtown parking prices in Canada. But those kind of prices are justified in cities with vibrant urban districts.

here katz wants you to pay 30 pucks for even surface lot parking, in Edmonton, in the Winter. In a downtown Edmonton that needs revitalizing.. 35 buck parking is sure to do that..:sarcasm:
EDIT: derailing the thread....off to the arena thread.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Clearly is about the announcement for tomorrow and what it could be. Assuming you have seen all the social media tags/street art around Edmonton this weekend?

No, no I haven't seen any. Was downtown twice this weekend and been all over the city.

Maybe they have some news on this on C2E. IanO there is pretty connected with this type of thing and probably knows something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad