News Article: Coming to America, Eventually

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Coming to America, Eventually

When the Kings returned to the podium for some first round fun last June, they announced the name of a then-17-year-old forward, Adrian Kempe of Sweden.

Honestly, whenever there's a chance to talk to/read something that Mark Yannetti says, I'm all over it. Easily my favorite guy in hockey to talk to. And man, Kempe is a talented kid.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Coming to America, Eventually

Honestly, whenever there's a chance to talk to/read something that Mark Yannetti says, I'm all over it. Easily my favorite guy in hockey to talk to. And man, Kempe is a talented kid.

Terrific article, thanks for sharing. I remember watching that draft and I couldn't believe that Kempe was still there when the Kings drafted him.
He's appears to be continuing the good path he was on in his development and the Kings won't rush him.

There were a lot of good things in that article about his game and esp his mental attitude, which appears to be very good.

I liked this observation:

“His skating is high level and it just keeps - each time I see him, the way he glides and the speed he’s able to maintain - you forget how fast he really can be,” Yannetti said, sounding part impressed, part amazed. “You saw glimpses of his skills at the World Junior tourney. You saw the way he cycles the puck, the way he created a line of protection. He was able to establish body position in danger areas and put defenders off his hip too. He has a good release. I’m not sure how much of a natural goal scorer he is, but he’s got an excellent shot and an excellent release. That’s where he’s going to get better and these are things he’ll work on once he spends more time with our development team.”

great read, thanks

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad